Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

SNF- Giants Vs Cowboys

RockThatBlue

So apparently Eli came out and told Jennings not to score at the 1.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2566552-rashad-jennings-was-told-not-to-score-during-controversial-drive-vs-cowboys

For crying out loud. If you guys score, you're up 2 scores, with anywhere between :45-1:30 on the clock (depending on when you score). Then Dallas would have to drive the length of the field, bleeding off a lot of time, score, and then recover an onside kick and score again.

Although given that game the Cowboys would've done exactly that. They did do exactly that in the 2007 MNF game vs the Bills.

I'm gonna go sob now.

WOW

Just wow.

Why did they pass? If they run and get stopped, they take 40 seconds off the clock and the Cowboys have a minute to do something.

Who thought of that play, the Seahawks OC?

Game over.

Cowboys win.

Now for Romo to blow down the field for the game winning TD.

Exactly what I said

Also, how many times have I been right in predicting this stuff?

if the Giants run, either A) They get in, go up 2 scores

B) They get stopped, take 40+ seconds off  the clock.

If it's 4th down, I go for it again. If you get stopped again, Dallas has to go 98 or 99 yards to score with less than a minute to go.

Exactly what I said too 

Better to give up the tie than the win. At least with a tie, the Giants have a chance to get the ball back.

In this scenario (by the goal line, up by 3 with less than 2 minutes), I think the best option is to try to score on 4th down (as you wrote in your earlier post). If the Giants score a TD, they win. If they don't score. the Cowboys have to go the length of the field from their 1 or 2 yard line. It puts a lot more pressure on Romo and the Cowboys. They have to guard against the sack/safety in endzone, etc...and we know what happens to Romo in these situations -- he often fumbles or throws the INT.

Ugh. I wanted the Giants to win.

I am pleased that the Vikings don't have to play you guys again this year. Best of luck to the Bills against the Pats. You have a good chance to win. :D

Is last year's game still on your mind? To be fair the game should never have come down to that last second TD to Watkins. IIRC Bills kept shooting themselves in the foot that game with a few turnovers in the red zone. Should've been settled much sooner.

Given the Bills history with the Patriots in the past decade+, I'm not exactly optimistic. Expecting we fall apart and lose by 20+. I'm sure our defense will be punctured and our offense will turn the ball over numerous times.

Is last year's game still on your mind? To be fair the game should never have come down to that last second TD to Watkins. IIRC Bills kept shooting themselves in the foot that game with a few turnovers in the red zone. Should've been settled much sooner.

Given the Bills history with the Patriots in the past decade+, I'm not exactly optimistic. Expecting we fall apart and lose by 20+. I'm sure our defense will be punctured and our offense will turn the ball over numerous times.

Quit the negative talk. You have a really good team. I hope the Bills win next week.