Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

CB Cromartie reportedly ready to re-sign with Jets

bayone

A person with knowledge of the deal told The Associated Press early Monday morning that the Jets agreed to terms on a four-year contract with Antonio Cromartie, keeping the cornerback in New York. Cromartie, acquired last offseason from San Diego, was solid for New York opposite Darrelle Revis, finishing with 42 tackles and three interceptions.

The person spoke to the AP on condition of anonymity because the team hadn't announced the move.

"They say Cro is back, Cro is back all GangGreen fans say is Cro...lol," Cromartie wrote on his Twitter page. "I'm on my FLT headed home glad 2 b a JET...let's go win a Superbowl."

The move capped a huge day for the Jets, who signed wide receiver Plaxico Burress to a one-year deal earlier Sunday.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d821245f1/article/cb-cromartie-reportedly-ready-to-resign-with-jets?module=HP11_headline_stack

^^^

I disagree a bit... Cro is NOT a run-stopper at all, and is not tough in the least. But coverage-wise, he's exactly what the Jets need. He's a good fit for their system (heck, anyone is a good fit if Revis is on the other side, lol).

He can run with just about any WR in the league and as long as you have him locked down on someone with virtually no other responsibilities, he'll remain a solid contributor on one of the league's top defenses.

^^^

I disagree a bit... Cro is NOT a run-stopper at all, and is not tough in the least. But coverage-wise, he's exactly what the Jets need. He's a good fit for their system (heck, anyone is a good fit if Revis is on the other side, lol).

He can run with just about any WR in the league and as long as you have him locked down on someone with virtually no other responsibilities, he'll remain a solid contributor on one of the league's top defenses.

I'm iffy on him. When he lines up against a guy who just runs the vertical, he is fine because he is tall and fast (he covered Randy Moss pretty well). But when he goes against a guy who is more of a route runner like Garcon, he gets beat

I'm iffy on him. When he lines up against a guy who just runs the vertical, he is fine because he is tall and fast (he covered Randy Moss pretty well). But when he goes against a guy who is more of a route runner like Garcon, he gets beat

I hear ya. Overall he seems to be one of those guys whose talent exceeds his accomplishments. He made the right choice by staying in NY. Playing across from Revis in a very solid defense, top-to-bottom, will make him look better than he probably is!