Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Just For Fun....kickoffs That Make It Through The Uprights.....

cmgww

With all the negativity and hand wringing over the end of the season....

I thought I would propose this:

Any kickoff that goes through the uprights...in other words "makes a field goal" should count for some points for the kicking team. Pat has done more than a few of these...

I am thinking 1 point...that way it is not a.huge game changer in most cases. And it would put a premium on strong legged kickoff guys.

That said...this was just for fun. PLEASE DONT GET INTO SERIOUS DEBATE....

But some fun thoughts would be great!

And no matter the draft pick....GO...COLTS....FAN SINCE....I was four....in 1984

I was actually thinking about this. I kept seeing guys get really close to getting it through the uprights and I wondered what if some guy actually does get it through? I know it doesn't count for anything, but since field goals can be kicked from that position (I think the Cards tried doing it a few years ago), wouldn't they be able to smash the record for longest field goal?

I like the thought of placing the ball at the 10 yard line....since it is hurting returns somewhat (the new rule placing the ball for kickoff back at the 35 like in the old days), teams are taking touchbacks. With a cannon leg like Pat's, he's hit several kickoff "field goals"....easy to see when the endzone crowd signals "it's good!!"...So make a "field goal" on a kickoff worth something. Few kickers can do it, so nothing major like points (backing off my original post) but making the receiving team take it from the 10 would be nice....Happy New Year!