Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts OTA Notes 5-27-15

TKnight24

Its taken Walden 55 starts to get 16 sacks....Its only taken Werner the equivalent of 1 season worth of starts(16 games) to get 6 sacks and that's with missing 3 games his rookie year, Players take time to develop and that's usually more then 16 starts

I get all that but I see werner as nothing more than a career backup whereas Newsome is gonna be a stud

Walden & Werner can be replaced. But I believe Walden would have the bigger impact this year which is what we need with Mathis a question mark

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I get all that but I see werner as nothing more than a career backup whereas Newsome is gonna be a stud

Walden & Werner can be replaced. But I believe Walden would have the bigger impact this year which is what we need with Mathis a question mark

If Mathis starts on PUP list, we can keep an extra guy.

If Mathis is ready for wk1 and looks productive, we likely won't have room for Cole, Mathis, Newsome, Hodges, Werner and Walden and still have a few ST linebackers. Somone, likely Hodges, Walden or Werner would likely be the odd man out in this scenario.

We have a lot of question marks at OLB. Can Mathis recover from injury? How well does Cole fit our system? Can Newsome handle an every down role? Can Hodges keep his stellar play going throughout preseason? Can Werner finally live up to his draft status? Can guys like Adongo, Cam Johnson and Studebaker make the team?

I'd say Walden is the only one where we know what we have at this point. He'll never make a probowl, but is a solid vet when we need him on the field. His value is ultimately going to be based on the play of the other OLBs. If they are doing well, Walden is expendable. If they are not, we need to keep Walden around.

Golly, thanks Chuck....or should I say, "Captain Obvious"

(A brief respite from FB):

Just don't forget Indianapolis's Q95 Morning Jocks came up with the all-time classic "Mr. Obvious" decades before Hotels site ripped it off! "What's that animal beneath my sink that's going GRRR GRRR GRRRR?  Mr. Obvious: That's not an animal, that's your garbage disposal...."

(Now back to football)