Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Phillip Dorsett will have a better season than Donte Moncrief.

horseshoeblue22

You're being so sensational.

You're attributing to me things that I did not say. You're taking other comments completely out of context. You keep relying on your so-called "objectivity" to dismiss anything that you don't agree with as homerism. And you've somehow determined that I'm #TeamDonte, when I've been one of the biggest defenders of Dorsett on this board. 

Among the things I haven't said/done:

• Made excuses for Moncrief
  • Suggested that he's a great first, second or third WR option
  • Called him a superstar
  • Cherry picked stats (ironically, 27 yards/game is the epitome of a cherry picked stat)
  • Said he had a super good year
  • Blamed anyone for his perceived "lack of production"
  • Said that Dorsett will be WR4 at best (if others said so, take that up with them)
  • Said that no rookie could unseat or outproduce Moncrief, or that his spot is "locked down"
  • Etc.

As I said earlier, this has grown boring, and the primary reason is the insistence that someone who disagrees with you is being a homer or a used car salesman. (Bad analogy, by the way. If a car has a great motor and needs a new battery, put a new battery in it and keep going. If a player has a lot of great traits and abilities, but needs some coaching and development, then coach him up and get him producing.) It gets worse when you start putting words in my mouth and arguing against multiple strawmen.

I don't have an allegiances to Moncrief. I only said that I think you're selling him short in an effort to prop up Dorsett. You being #TeamPhillip doesn't make everyone who disagrees with you #TeamDonte. I'm #TeamColts, and I don't care whether Moncrief or Dorsett has more production in 2015, so long as they both make the team better when they're given the opportunity to do so. But when you pretend that Moncrief is somehow a disappointment on the basis of "OMG, 27 yards a game!" well, I'm gonna take issue with it.

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You're being so sensational. <Snip>

I was referring to Dustin, the OP who created the thread "mirroring" this one. I forgot what thread I was in, theres too many of them on this subject. His comments are not your comments, my mistake.

Moncrief's rookie season was not a dissapointment, but lets not pretend it was really impressive either. Offensive players are typically judged off of yards, touchdowns and at a lesser degree, fumbles. WRs are not typically judged off QBR or yards per coverage snap. I don't even know where to find those stats, unless you are paying PFF for them. That's where I had a problem with the way he presented his argument. Somehow through all this mess, I forgot that it was him that posted that, and assumed it was you because you are the one keeping this going.

I think you are being a little dramatic about what I said about Moncrief. I never said he was a dissapointment but I never said he was something that he is not. The writeup I posted about Moncrief in my last reply is an accurate summarization of what kind of player he is. Saying he averaged 27 ypg is not knocking him, thats the truth. Saying he scored a touchdown, on average, once every six games is the truth. You don't seem to disagree with my most recent assessment of his rookie season, so what is it we are arguing over at this point?

And the car engine/battery analogy was not a bad one. Would you buy a used car that wouldn't start because the guy that sold it to you said it was only the battery? What happens when you put the new battery in and it still won't start? Then the car salesman is laughing all the way to the bank because you were willing to take his word for it...and you are left with a lemon and a sour taste in your mouth.

You are not Dustin. My comments referred to his comments in the Moncrief Will Have A Better Season thread. The only reason I am responding now is to clear that up. Sorry for confusing you for him.

Hope that clears things up for you. Maybe my argument against you in this thread makes more sense now.