Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts Free Agency

BProland85

Who we should keep/let go...

We should definately try and keep Garcon and Mathis in my opinion.

We can replace Wayne if he asks for too much.

If Saturday wants to return for a reasonable price we could have him back, otherwise put Pollak at C.

Brackett either needs to restructure for a lower contract or be let go. Angerer is better anyways at MLB.

Also we need to move Jerry Hughes to OLB as a 4-3 Over Pass Rushing OLB. I think the position change will benefit him because he may have been better suited as a 3-4 OLB. This could give us our best pass rush in a while with Hughes, Freeney, Mathis, and Nevis all on the field at the same time in passing situations.

Have you watched Wayne play this year? Without Manning, he may still get 1000 yards. His play last night was exceptional, against one of the league's top defenses. Who do you replace him with? A rookie? Another big name free agent? Garcon?

Angerer is not better than Brackett. He's getting a lot of tackles, yes, but our D is always on the field. He's also far worse in pass coverage than Brackett.

I don't completely disagree with you, with regards to who needs to stay, go, or restructure, but your reasoning is lacking.

Have you watched Wayne play this year? Without Manning, he may still get 1000 yards. His play last night was exceptional, against one of the league's top defenses. Who do you replace him with? A rookie? Another big name free agent? Garcon?

Angerer is not better than Brackett. He's getting a lot of tackles, yes, but our D is always on the field. He's also far worse in pass coverage than Brackett.

I don't completely disagree with you, with regards to who needs to stay, go, or restructure, but your reasoning is lacking.

I will disagree with you on Angerer, he is becoming better than Brackett and is younger. Brackett was breaking down in his drops and pass coverage last year and that is the only place where Brackett held any edge in Angerer. With more playing time and an offseason, it isn't even a question in my mind that Brackett is done on this team. Brackett was good for this team but he was/is overpaid and only shined on a defense that pretty much was average and that is being nice.

Pat is a lot younger then Gary and some would argue he is better then Gary and I'm one of those. Our defense has always been on the field a lot so not sure y that's an argument. This kid will only get better and Gary will only get older.

Who we should keep/let go...

We should definately try and keep Garcon and Mathis in my opinion.

We can replace Wayne if he asks for too much.

If Saturday wants to return for a reasonable price we could have him back, otherwise put Pollak at C.

Brackett either needs to restructure for a lower contract or be let go. Angerer is better anyways at MLB.

Also we need to move Jerry Hughes to OLB as a 4-3 Over Pass Rushing OLB. I think the position change will benefit him because he may have been better suited as a 3-4 OLB. This could give us our best pass rush in a while with Hughes, Freeney, Mathis, and Nevis all on the field at the same time in passing situations.

Its the 4-3 Under :thmup: where the SAM LB blitzes off the edge! I know because this is one of the packages I have been saying for months the Colts need to utilize!