Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Aaron Rodgers - Wisconsin fan

oldunclemark

Favre went to 2 straight SBs, 3 straight NFCCGs and he won other playoff games the additional years in his 1st 7 years (7 years being how long Aaron has played). That alone is a crapload of big football games, and he did this after playing the regular season in a division that usually produced 4 winning teams. That is why Brett Favre smokes Aaron Rodgers, especially in the clutch (Aaron doesn't know when to throw the ball period, let alone throw it away, sometimes) department.

Go ahead and run his postprime and eventual crash into the ground all you want when comparing Manning, Brady, etc because that's totally fair. They've faced their own postprime and it stacks up well against Favre's. Comparing Rodgers now to 2006 Favre (or anybody else) though is just whopsided. If you're going by 1 guy's first 7 years in a comparison, you should do the same by the other guy.

Besides, another thing is that Rodgers will lose a step just like every quarterback. I'm glad you mentioned Steve McNair because when he lost a step that was IT. DONE. There was no postprime for him because he was done. That's what makes Favre, Manning, etc truly great. They lost a considerable amount of ability and still played the game at a high level. There is nothing that guarantees Rodgers doing that. The fact that he's good now doesn't guarantee him any number of years down the road. Just ask Steve McNair about that.

"Just ask Steve McNair about that."

That might be very difficult to do. Steve McNair was shot 4 times and killed in 2009 by his "mistress".

Lol its ok , and really up to him . Nobody elses business. Hes friends with these folks . Honestly didn't get where the people criticizing him were even coming from.

I was shccked...

You regularly see Colts at Pacers' games ...I'm sure they get in for free....and they aren't Indiana natives

....Sometimes fandom seems to require a 'purity' test.....

....as if you have to have been born in a state or live there 11 months a year to be a 'real' fan of local teams

I was shccked...

You regularly see Colts at Pacers' games ...I'm sure they get in for free....and they aren't Indiana natives

....Sometimes fandom seems to require a 'purity' test.....

....as if you have to have been born in a state or live there 11 months a year to be a 'real' fan of local teams

As Ive seen Pacers at Colts games. I  think some folks need to get a life lol . Cant someone just be fans of the game , without birthright ? :thmup: