Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Solid moves by Colts but....

bluephantom87

huge difference with the mathis comparison. mathis's sacks have been consistent, with the huge year coincidentally coming before he got caught with ped's and when he would be looking for a final contract. but that's another issue. cole's sack stats have dropped off greatly the past three years. older player on the downturn = trouble.

Sack stats are overrated. Pressure are a much better stat. Trent Cole pressures:

2014: 46 (9th) 

2013: 51 (18th)

2012: 46 (19th)

2011: 67 (1st)

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sack stats are overrated. Pressure are a much better stat. Trent Cole pressures:

2014: 46 (9th) 

2013: 51 (18th)

2012: 46 (19th)

2011: 67 (1st)

and pressures are subjective. pressure on a screen pass is a good thing for the offense. pressure un a designed quick pass isn't helping the defense ether. if he was that good, why didn't the eagles keep him? same thing with d'qwell last year.

and pressures are subjective. pressure on a screen pass is a good thing for the offense. pressure un a designed quick pass isn't helping the defense ether. if he was that good, why didn't the eagles keep him? same thing with d'qwell last year.

No they aren't.

because both Cole and Dqwell were in the final years (aka the bloated year) of their respective contracts and both probably declined to restructure, so instead they were cap casualties.  Good players become cap casualties all the time, especially when they're a player in their early 30's on a very young team that doesn't look to be able to contend for a title any time in the near future....like the Eagles and Browns.

I'm kinda surprised that the "Colts are rebuilding" Posters aren't on here flipping out. They should be appalled at the ages of the players we are bringing in.

Most of the guys were signed came pretty cheap. Plus its clear the Colts want to cover their hours while they stockpile talent through the draft.

My outlook on FA has changed and I like what the Colts are doing. This had been by far the best of season that Grigson has had and you can see how he has grown and learned from his past mistakes.

Most of the guys were signed came pretty cheap. Plus its clear the Colts want to cover their hours while they stockpile talent through the draft.

My outlook on FA has changed and I like what the Colts are doing. This had been by far the best of season that Grigson has had and you can see how he has grown and learned from his past mistakes.

Which past mistakes?  His strategy in the 2013 offseason when he brought in Nicks, Walden, Franklin, RJF, Landry and Walden was pretty much exactly the same.