Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Offensive Line..... Road to the Championship....

Deano1818

You cannot have big road-grader linemen for the run game and ask them to be good in pass-protection too.

You need to pick one or the other.  And since we have Andrew throwing the ball, we need to protect him, so our linemen will always be good pass-protectors FIRST. So how do we get a running game?  We need exceptional running backs. And where do you find exceptional running backs? In the 1st couple of rounds of the draft. So if you want a good running game next year, you draft RB9s) in the very early rounds.

Thats completely untrue.  You're saying if a lineman is so big he manhandles people up front in the run game, he is going to be a liability in pass protection?  The New England Patriots and Green Bay Packers are 2 prime examples of why you can, and what it does for you!

How dare anyone have an opinion on a player on a forum of opinions !!!!

Maybe a better way to make this point is on a general level, as to not offend a players fan,

A "good" RB can become "great" when they have an outstanding offensive line

A mediocre RB can become good with an outstanding offensive line

A "maytag guy" probably needs to stay on the street

A great OL can help a good QB become great, and a few of the great ones become HOF

An outstanding offensive line is USUALLY a common component of a team that wins in the playoffs

The HOF RBs USUALLY had outstanding offensive lines

The only exception in my recollection is Walter Payton, who had a bad OL at the beginning of his career

We can build a strong running attack with a good player at RB, with a great OL, a team that can win in January

That's the point trying to be shared

I totally agree with you.  You understand the concept of a powerhouse OL.  What I've learned is that some people just don't get it!  You can explain it in several different ways but they refuse to grasp your point.  You just can't fix stupid!!

I totally agree with you.  You understand the concept of a powerhouse OL.  What I've learned is that some people just don't get it!  You can explain it in several different ways but they refuse to grasp your point.  You just can't fix stupid!!

I don't think the folks are stupid who disagree.....

If they are a Colts fan they already have a higher IQ than most.... :)

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Popular Now

• Thread of the Week

• Topics

• Besides, Wentz makes the final call at the line, after seeing the Defense. When they were stacked, he passed. Soon as they switched out, it sounds like he audibled to a run.   (I heard the game on the radio. I didn’t see it on tv)
    • well to be fair, i doubt many coaches trust their defense when up against tom brady lol.     but here's the thing...what's the one strategy that teams have tried to employ, and have had the most success with against guys like Brady, Manning and Mahomes?  play ball control and keep that QB on the sidelines.  and when your team's biggest strength is the run blocking of it's OL and TEs and their best skill player and only player currently in the conversation for MVP is their RB, it becomes all the more obvious.     I will say this though..I would absolutely love to see this team with Gary Kubiak calling the plays on offense.  he knew how to utilize the run game, play action and boot legs (something we see very little of even though Wentz is very mobile).
    • We'll be fine. Take care of business vs the Texans, go into the bye 7-6 and let the AFC battle between themselves.  
    • I hate to keep bringing this up but in Reich's 1st year as coach we went 10-6 and won a playoff game with Luck. Had Luck been our QB since then I am certain Frank would have had 11 or 12 wins every season since then and we would've been an elite team, maybe even a SB champ or close. It didn't happen so I won't dwell on it but that is my opinion.
    • Oh I think him wanting to throw it, what 20 straight times or so was mindboggling when you have a player like Taylor. I am very critical of Frank of that. Having said that I don't think he trusts his D is why he does this stuff at times. Belichick did it with Brady in a couple of years where the Pats D wasn't as good as it normally was. Heck he even went for it on 4th and 2 against us and their own 30 because he didn't trust his D vs Peyton.
  • Members

• cjrulli

cjrulli 210

• shasta519

shasta519 3,526

• JediXMan

JediXMan 1,956

• richard pallo

richard pallo 3,559

• ruf

ruf 69

• coltsfanej