Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Offensive Line..... Road to the Championship....

Deano1818

You cannot have big road-grader linemen for the run game and ask them to be good in pass-protection too.

You need to pick one or the other.  And since we have Andrew throwing the ball, we need to protect him, so our linemen will always be good pass-protectors FIRST. So how do we get a running game?  We need exceptional running backs. And where do you find exceptional running backs? In the 1st couple of rounds of the draft. So if you want a good running game next year, you draft RB9s) in the very early rounds.

Thats completely untrue.  You're saying if a lineman is so big he manhandles people up front in the run game, he is going to be a liability in pass protection?  The New England Patriots and Green Bay Packers are 2 prime examples of why you can, and what it does for you!

How dare anyone have an opinion on a player on a forum of opinions !!!!

Maybe a better way to make this point is on a general level, as to not offend a players fan,

A "good" RB can become "great" when they have an outstanding offensive line

A mediocre RB can become good with an outstanding offensive line

A "maytag guy" probably needs to stay on the street

A great OL can help a good QB become great, and a few of the great ones become HOF

An outstanding offensive line is USUALLY a common component of a team that wins in the playoffs

The HOF RBs USUALLY had outstanding offensive lines

The only exception in my recollection is Walter Payton, who had a bad OL at the beginning of his career

We can build a strong running attack with a good player at RB, with a great OL, a team that can win in January

That's the point trying to be shared

I totally agree with you.  You understand the concept of a powerhouse OL.  What I've learned is that some people just don't get it!  You can explain it in several different ways but they refuse to grasp your point.  You just can't fix stupid!!

I totally agree with you.  You understand the concept of a powerhouse OL.  What I've learned is that some people just don't get it!  You can explain it in several different ways but they refuse to grasp your point.  You just can't fix stupid!!

I don't think the folks are stupid who disagree.....

If they are a Colts fan they already have a higher IQ than most.... :)