Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

49ers to hire Jim Tomsula as HC

MTC

Thanks captain obvious. Also, the broncos weren't eliminated in the first round of the playoffs

Why dump on me?   I wasn't the one who asked what to me was a question that made no sense.

Hey, if it makes no difference to you whether we're eliminated in the wild card round every year like Cincinnati, or we advance to the AFC title game as we have this year,    then fine.     That's your view.

But to me,  it makes a difference how far we go.

I'm not a fan who says any year we don't make it to the Super Bowl is a wasted year.

Why dump on me? I wasn't the one who asked what to me was a question that made no sense.

Hey, if it makes no difference to you whether we're eliminated in the wild card round every year like Cincinnati, or we advance to the AFC title game as we have this year, then fine. That's your view.

But to me, it makes a difference how far we go.

I'm not a fan who says any year we don't make it to the Super Bowl is a wasted year.

Of coarse it makes a difference. That is very obvious. Thus the captain obvious remark.

Of coarse it makes a difference. That is very obvious. Thus the captain obvious remark.

Well...   you understand that.     I think I understand it....

But the poster I was responding to doesn't appear to.    He asked the question.    I simply answered him.

What can I tell you.....

Since when has John Elway ever wanted a puppet?     He and Fox disagreed on things going forward.   Time for a new HC.

You think Gary Kubiak is anyone's puppet?      Snap out of it!

I appreciate you're from Cleveland where crazy things are the norm,  but that's not how they are in most of the NFL.

Are you lost? This is a thread about San Francisco. 

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Topics

• I understand where you're coming from. It's not my intention to call out everyone who doesn't like how the AD stuff was handled. It just seems like typical draft season stuff to me, which everyone peddles in every year, but now that it's a highly drafted Colts pick, we're raising the standard.    Wasn't it 'unnamed sources' who claimed Caleb Williams didn't want to play for the Bears, or wanted ownership equity, etc.? Weren't 'unnamed sources' repeated when questions about Levis' personality started to float around? To me, some stuff is either factual, or it's not -- it's a fact that AD has diabetes. Other stuff is opinion/projection -- rude, abrasive, immature, uncoachable -- and should be treated as such.    The AD stuff was a mix of both. He has diabetes, the claim is that it has affected his ability to practice. Either that's true or it's not. I don't find it hard to believe, since AD definitely has diabetes, and that kind of stuff is typical of a young person with that condition. Someone else might view it differently, but we're never going to get anyone to corroborate that stuff on the record. One of the scouts said he has bad character reports from Georgia and Texas, which isn't going to be validated by anyone in the know, but it's hard to imagine someone just making that up. And that scout -- who I think was the harshest -- also said that when AD's blood sugar is right, he's great. So to me, he offered a reasonable explanation, and I don't think he came across as someone who dislikes AD or would have him as a character red flag. I think there was nuance that doesn't get fully considered when this stuff gets repeated.   Even maturity is a spectrum, not a black and white consideration. A person -- especially at a young age -- might be incredibly responsible in one area of their life, while still figuring things out in another area. One person might see something as immature, and another has no problem with it. So a source gave an opinion, and I think it should be treated like one person's opinion, and not a rubber-stamped designation that the monolithic scouting community has agreed upon.   And I don't think that Bob McGinn's collection of quotes from unnamed sources impacts how teams handle their draft board. I think McGinn is getting this stuff from people who work for teams; the teams already have the info. So I don't see the quotes as affecting AD's draft stock. It would have been balanced to offer some counter quotes, if those were available, but I don't think the quotes are as negative as they seem from the headlines.    My only reservations about Ballard's presser is that it seemed like an "outburst," but knowing that he kind of did the same thing last year, I think it was sincere, and he did it for the right reasons. Without that background, he might have come across as being petty and unprofessional, but context is important.   Short version: I don't think the reports are made up, I think there's probably some truth to them. And I assume the Colts did their homework, because that's how they operate. So if they're comfortable with AD Mitchell and have a plan to help him succeed, I have no concerns about it. 
    • Ability to cover one on one which is what happened... We haven't seen any cornerback play yet this year, so I'll reserve judgment until so. Otherwise we are predicting what is going to happen based on two rookies playing last season. I am more concerned about the depth, as I can't imagine they aren't as well. I was hopeful for Scott bringing serious competition and elevating the secondary. I hope Flowers does that at cornerback. Can always improve though, and there is still plenty of time. I hope Cross becomes our permanent guy and elevates. We have a lot of youth on the backend of this roster. It's obvious the plan is for them to grow. Hopefully we see it out of the gate and consistent growth throughout the season.  I don't see any way the pass rush is not more effective. I don't see the secondary getting worse, far from it. That will help to begin. We added the best pass rusher in the draft. We now have a deep d-line that is going to be rotated heavily, which will lead to fresh bodies bringing pressure, all the way up until the big gal sings her final tune each game.    I may be crazy, but I'm not concerned as much as other's are about the defense. I'm concerned about #5, 11, and 28's health, as I think they drive the offense, which is going to be the difference in the W/L column. If they can stay healthy, and our defense can grow throughout the year, I think we'll be positioned well. Our depth in the trenches is going to be a major advantage over the course of a long season. I believe in Shane Steichen, more than anyone.
    • I saw the media tried to make it out that the Celtics had an easy path to the finals. They went 64-18 during the season and 16-3 in the postseason. That is absolute domination from start to finish. Awesome to see Indiana native Brad Stevens get his first ring!!  I hope the Pacers close the gap and look forward to battling the Celtics the next few years. 
    • I do agree about the great OL and play caller.    The DL will come down whether Latu is a legit stud pass rusher right away. JT has been a great RB, but not the past two years. The receivers are solid, but seems like most teams have good-great WR groups anymore.    This feels like a "if everything goes right" kind of thing. But it's the offseason.  
    • Sure. It's possible that teams could have had boards that included many WRs as R1 grades, including Mitchell, and they just chose one over him. I worded that weirdly, but what I meant was that teams that didn't have him as a R1 player, it was for reasons beyond the rumors in this article.   But the "surefire first rounder until he was done dirty by rumors" doesn't track.    We know that AD ranked poorly in some advanced metrics (like yards per route run) that typically operate as requisites for successful NFL WRs (outliers are rare). We know what some team scouts had concerns from his Combine drills. And we know what happened at the draft.    And those comments that McGinn published weren't even his thoughts...they too were from NFL scouts.   Seems like the easiest and logical explanation is that teams had legit concerns (for multiple reasons) about AD and that, not rumors, is what pushed him down in the draft. But Destin seems to be spinning a couple of those concerns (that Ballard had addressed) to drive his narrative.
  • Members