Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Broncos and John Fox Parting Ways

SilentHill

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Only Fox is gone. The rest of the staff didn't get fired. Gase could end up the coach

Could Adam be elevated to HC & still effectively be the de facto OC assisting Peyton next year though? I suppose you could use Sean Payton & Drew Brees in New Orleans as an example that works. Or used to work.

But, I suspect Adam would be so consumed in this new position that he would be limited in the time that he could work with Manning week to week. That poses it's own set of drawbacks if you ask me.   

The rumor is they are looking at Mike Shanahan. Talk about putting a nail in the coffin. If Elway hires him then he should be fired.

If Shanahan returns to any team this year, going to Chicago & being reunited with Jay Cutler makes the most sense to me since Mike drafted him during his Broncos tenure AMF. 

If Shanahan returns to any team this year, going to Chicago & being reunited with Jay Cutler makes the most sense to me since Mike drafted him during his Broncos tenure AMF. 

Maybe but Fox is interviewing in Chicago now. And I am not sure Shanahan would want any part of this version of Cutler with his huge contract ...

Maybe but Fox is interviewing in Chicago now. And I am not sure Shanahan would want any part of this version of Cutler with his huge contract ...

Fox in the windy city eh? Interesting turn of events there, but after the Marc Trestman debacle experiment, I guess even John would look like a golden boy coach by mere comparison. 

Mike did have success with Jay initially though in Denver, but I don't see Shanahan accepting an OC position on a Fox coaching staff though after calling the shots in DC & Colorado for so long. You're probably right. 

Fox in the windy city eh? Interesting turn of events there, but after the Marc Trestman debacle experiment, I guess even John would look like a golden boy coach by mere comparison.

Mike did have success with Jay initially though in Denver, but I don't see Shanahan accepting an OC position on a Fox coaching staff though after calling the shots in DC & Colorado for so long. You're probably right.

Nobody is suggesting Shanahan would be an OC anywhere

Man, Colts retired Fox and Peyton in the same game. 

John Fox sucks a coach   ask panthers  and now  denver  can,t win a sb . takes a good coach win sb.  why he fired. 2 dif teams. he even could not  win with manning in a  sb. 

Interesting. Another defensive guy. Figured he would go offensive.

I think he wants a guy who can give this team some teeth. He has hated the soft approach since the 2013 preseason.

Whoever fits that will be the one, offensive or defensive. When Gase was first promoted he was known to be a radical and aggressive guy. He has certainly changed under Fox.

I think he wants a guy who can give this team some teeth. He has hated the soft approach since the 2013 preseason.

Whoever fits that will be the one, offensive or defensive. When Gase was first promoted he was known to be a radical and aggressive guy. He has certainly changed under Fox.

That makes sense.

Knew it was coming Fox is a good man and a good coach but he isn't a GREAT coach . He gets out coached in big games and his ultra conservative style will not win a championship . Now the big question is will Manning return next year with a new HC?

Fox could do well if he were given the keys to the kingdom.  What HC could deal with a GM who consults with a player (like Elway did with Manning?)

Does anyone think this type of nonsense happens on any other of the top NFL teams?