Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Elway's free agents come up small on big stage

amfootball

Yeah and I've witnessed Phillip Rivers play on a torn acl in the AFC Championship game .....and a busted up back this season . What about Elway late in his career ? When you're in a game that significant you do what it takes to win and not just that game there were games when Cutler just gave up . I've always questioned his character

Yeah, and rivers stunk in that game

Yeah and I've witnessed Phillip Rivers play on a torn acl in the AFC Championship game .....and a busted up back this season . What about Elway late in his career ? When you're in a game that significant you do what it takes to win and not just that game there were games when Cutler just gave up . I've always questioned his character

Not every player is gonna be a damn fool and risk further injury to himself in the present and down the line in life. We don't know how Jay felt so we can't judge.

Demarcus Ware was non-existent yesterday as he had been for the Cowboys the last few years at the end of the season and in big games.

And Talib? He may have had the worst game vs TY.

Elway specifically got both players with the hope that both would be difference makers in the post-season to get back to the bowl and both were awful yesterday.

You've got hard feelings for Talib from his Denver days...right...a.m.?

Truth is...Colts scored 24 points..Denver didnt lose because of the defensive free agents..it was the offense

No Mark. Talib was flat awful yesterday.

I don't know about that. They played a lot of outside technique and Cover 3 / Cover 4. Which doesn't make sense, but they do it all the time.

That's something Rick Venturi said this week. I don't always agree with him, but he said that he thinks the Broncos could be more aggressive with their defensive personnel, but they back off and drop into zones a lot of the time. Sure enough, I think Hilton's two biggest plays came against combo zone coverages.

I don't know about that. They played a lot of outside technique and Cover 3 / Cover 4. Which doesn't make sense, but they do it all the time.

That's something Rick Venturi said this week. I don't always agree with him, but he said that he thinks the Broncos could be more aggressive with their defensive personnel, but they back off and drop into zones a lot of the time. Sure enough, I think Hilton's two biggest plays came against combo zone coverages.

Yeah maybe that was it. Talib was out of position a lot and grabbing at TY. And of course no pass rush either which really hurt their secondary ...

Yeah maybe that was it. Talib was out of position a lot and grabbing at TY. And of course no pass rush either which really hurt their secondary ...

I meant to say, Talib certainly didn't have a strong game. I just think their schemes were bad, on both sides of the ball.

Demarcus Ware was non-existent yesterday as he had been for the Cowboys the last few years at the end of the season and in big games.

And Talib? He may have had the worst game vs TY.

Elway specifically got both players with the hope that both would be difference makers in the post-season to get back to the bowl and both were awful yesterday.

Defense had 2 INTs.

Offense lost the game.