Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

How to try and fix this team (opinions may differ)

Not sold on Crabtree, Im not up for giving some big contract that I think he wants....I don't see him taking a 1 year prove it deal . I think we can fairly easily find better talent in the draft

Sure....   we could find someone good in the draft....   but not if we're investing in (A) defense and (B) offensive line.

There are only so many high round picks to go around.....

Sure....   we could find someone good in the draft....   but not if we're investing in (A) defense and (B) offensive line.

There are only so many high round picks to go around.....

I'd take the BPA regardless of need, If Grigson is dead set on investing in a position group (I think its fair to say he wont in my opinion) just because of a need while passing up on better players......well then quite bluntly its time for a new GM......Also a good talent evaluator......Which really is part of Grigsons job description with help from his scouts......is able to get talent in later rounds as well

Tyler Lockett from Kansas State is a strong second/third day prospect at receiver. I think he'll produce right away, in the right situation. Nelson Agholar from USC is another midround guy I like.

Cecil Shorts probably doesn't get out of Jacksonville. I think he's a decent receiver, but not a guy who can run every route and work the middle of the field. He's kind of a duplicate of Moncrief, but not as big or fast, and has issues with drops from time to time. He could contribute, but I don't think he's the guy you're looking for.

Yes, I think you're right about Shorts. He and Moncrief are a lot alike at this point. Too bad, that FA list isn't very encouraging. I think the team needs an upgrade at WR, so it looks like a draft pick in the first 3 rounds will be the best option.