Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

BoringMock 1.0

I know there is a good chance these players aren't available at the time we pick but it's hard to tell, players rise, players falls, general manager making dumb decision so just say they would be there:

Rd1:  Eddie Goldman DT (Florida State)

Colts need a dominant force in the middle of their Defensive Line and Colts are lacking such a player since years. It would help our run and pass Defense by freeing up other players to rush the QB. 

Rd2: Cody Prewitt S (Ole Miss)

Mike Adams was a nice additon but he is becoming a free agent and is getting 34 years old. We need a long time solution and Prewitt could be a nice addition.

Rd3: Eli Harold OLB (Virginia)

With Mathis going to retire soon Colts need some pass rushers. I like Harold who is fast and athletic.

Rd4: David Cobb RB (Minnesota)

Richardson is not the back the Colts thought he would be, Bradshaw a free agent and Ballard coming back from a season ending injury. So RB is a need that could be addressed in free agency too. 

Rd5: Aundrey Walker G (USC)

Offensive Line is still a huge concern. Mewhort looks good and the left side looks solid but Colts need to improve the right side. Cherilus is struggling (but maybe just because of his injury) and Thornton who was promising in his first games as a Colts regressed. Louis isn't any good and Reitz no long term answer and injury prone. So adding another Guard makes sense to me. Walker is a good run blocker but needs some development. 

Rd6: Ladarius Gunter CB (Miami)

Davis is the real deal, Toler is solid, Butler serviceable but we can upgrade the positions three and four in our CB group. 

Rd7: Corey Cooper S (Nebraska)

Another option for our Safety group.

I love the first 2 picks. Goldman is going to be a beast, and Prewit should be an instant starter. If we come out of this draft with two starters on D it will be a success IMO. The only thing I disagree with really is Harold. If we add an OLB it needs to be some beast who makes an impact right away.