Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Miami (+7.5) @ New England (12-14-14)

oldunclemark

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Miami's left so many points on the board in this game. Can't do that in Foxboro. Blocked FG and the dropped TD.

Don't like that Pats get the second half kickoff.

Something tells me NE won't run away with it, but it'll come down to a last second FG/TD drive needed for Miami and they'll blow it. Left too many points on the board like you said. Actually, they've given NE all of theirs. (Great play on special teams though by NE gotta credit them for that.) The INT was an overthrow.

I can't believe how the last 50 seconds of the half unfolded..

Patriots run it 3 times to kill Miami's timeouts and punt with 30 seconds left... Miami gets a huge punt return and have 11 seconds from the 34.. i turn to my girlfriend and im like.. they might get 3, Pats will just lick their wounds, play conservative and just make sure they don't get beat deep.

Right after i say that.. Tannehill goes deep to Wallace (most obvious target) who is being covered by BUTLER (WHAT!?) and McCourty is late getting over because they were playing SINGLE SAFETY HIGH! wth!?

UNREAL playcalling on defense in those final 30 seconds.. it was appalling, and the reason the Dolphins are 1 point behind instead of 5.

Simply unreal.

For some reason the Pats make Ryan Tannenhill look like Dan Marino.

Pats' offense is getting exposed.  The Phins can get pressure on Brady with just 3 rushers.

And the Pats are thin at WR.  They don't have a down field threat to spread out the defense.

Prediction: Pats will draft 2 WR's in next year's draft with talent, Brady will throw them under the bus, McDaniels won't use them properly and in 2 seasons they're released or traded.

And NE is playing scared on offense.  Another conservative Josh McDaniels' approach.  Brady looks non-interested.

This Pats team plays flat and lacks emotion at the worst possible time.

Miami's D just always matches up well against NE's offense. Better than just about anyone, honestly.

NE's O looked mediocre last week.....certainly bad by their standards. This week they've been flat out bad period. Still a half to go, of course.

Uh......go Jets? Bills? Divisional Round opponent? AFCCG Opponent? Super Bowl opponent? Hopefully someone in the latter three games beats these guys?

its going to be tough. That is a complete football team in all 3 phases. Kicking defense and offense and when playing well any of those phases can be best in football. I just don't see them playing poorly in all 3 on the same day to lose. Offense slow to start the defense or special teams step up. Defense not playing well offense scores. Complete team! Can they be beat indeed but someone has to play a complete game. Miami doesn't have the team to do that...most don't but someone could.

its going to be tough. That is a complete football team in all 3 phases. Kicking defense and offense and when playing well any of those phases can be best in football. I just don't see them playing poorly in all 3 on the same day to lose. Offense slow to start the defense or special teams step up. Defense not playing well offense scores. Complete team! Can they be beat indeed but someone has to play a complete game. Miami doesn't have the team to do that...most don't but someone could.

Pretty much my thoughts.

Ayup. Pretty much all of this. Nobody else in the AFC comes close, and that includes Denver.

SEA is a well rounded team, but their offense isn't nearly as scary as NE. If their D plays like it did last year, they'd be crazy good again. AZ is another well rounded team, but is missing the single most important position - a QB. They don't even have a halfway decent one. GB has an inconsistent defense, but a great QB to help offset it.

The funny thing is, this really isn't all that different from NE in most seasons. The only difference is there are just no other complete teams in the NFL and the closest ones (SEA, ARZ) are in the NFC. NE is alone at the top. Closest one in the AFC is Denver, and their special teams nearly always lose the field position battle and the secondary often can't cover for jack. They've come a long way in their run game and kicker situation, though.

Those points on the board left by Miami seem awfully pointless now lol... Really didn't think NE would run away with it like they did as I expected the usual "close, but no cigar" out of Miami.

Forever .500

Close but no cigar is usually the gameplan the Bills execute to perfection when playing the Pats.

Close but no cigar is usually the gameplan the Bills execute to perfection when playing the Pats.

And everyone else in games that matter. Miami is the same way, they're just a slightly better version of the Bills. I think they'll be a game over .500 at best and BUF will be right at .500  More often then not, both teams find ways to lose in close ones.  Not today though...Miami just got dumped on by a vastly superior team.

Wouldn't surprise me in the least of BUF blew it against GB. I wish I had the game since it looks to be a good finish.

Not trying to kick you while you're down. You're a cool guy.  I just call it like I see it.

And everyone else in games that matter. Miami is the same way, they're just a slightly better version of the Bills. I think they'll be a game over .500 at best and BUF will be right at .500  More often then not, both teams find ways to lose in close ones.  Not today though...Miami just got dumped on by a vastly superior team.

Wouldn't surprise me in the least of BUF blew it against GB. I wish I had the game since it looks to be a good finish.

Not trying to kick you while you're down. You're a cool guy.  I just call it like I see it.

If the Bills pull away with this win, that gets us to 8. We can finish with a winning record if we win today and beat the Raiders next week.

Notice how I avoided the Patriots game in Week 17.

If the Bills pull away with this win, that gets us to 8. We can finish with a winning record if we win today and beat the Raiders next week.

Notice how I avoided the Patriots game in Week 17.

Yeah...it's all predicated on how BUF and GB turns out.  Oak "should" be a gimmie game and NE is as close to certain  you can get in the league to be a loss. BUF might keep it close with NE, but they'll probably lose whether it's down in flames or in a close one.