Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Brady seeking sixth straight division title to tie Bradshaw and Tarkenton

amfootball

Bill makes the decision during the game with all the situational calls. That is all that matters.

You are spoiled with his presence. You need to dig deep and start to understand what Bill means to Pats. Who drafted Brady?. No one cared till 199th pick.

Bill is responsible for every single decision, players and coaches. It's everything. Try having Fox as a coach. You will know what I am saying.

I never said Bill was not a great coach. He is. But he is a defensive guy not offensive which directly impacts Brady.

I certainly appreciate Bill but I think Brady would have been successful with other coaches and especially a different GM who may have built the team more around him.

In terms of Brady, Bill admitted himself that he got lucky with Brady. They let him go by the board five times before getting him in the sixth round. He certainly did not foresee any greatness in Brady as if he did he would have taken him sooner.

Fox is a decent coach but as I have said to you, he is a run/defensive guy in terms of philosophy. Manning was not the type of QB he would have selected for his team and I am not surprised that with Denver struggling to throw the ball that he has gone back to his phil. of running and defensive ball like he did with Tebow.

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I never said Bill was not a great coach. He is. But he is a defensive guy not offensive which directly impacts Brady.

I certainly appreciate Bill but I think Brady would have been successful with other coaches and especially a different GM who may have built the team more around him.

In terms of Brady, Bill admitted himself that he got lucky with Brady. They let him go by the board five times before getting him in the sixth round. He certainly did not foresee any greatness in Brady as if he did he would have taken him sooner.

Fox is a decent coach but as I have said to you, he is a run/defensive guy in terms of philosophy. Manning was not the type of QB he would have selected for his team and I am not surprised that with Denver struggling to throw the ball that he has gone back to his phil. of running and defensive ball like he did with Tebow.

Offense is just a part of a game. Bill can be a defensive coach but he is the GM also. He makes every single decision in that building. Brady's job is to just play QB.

You keep talking about Bill and defense, only time NE remotely looks like winning a SB is when they have a great defense. Ironic huh.

Offense is just a part of a game. Bill can be a defensive coach but he is the GM also. He makes every single decision in that building. Brady's job is to just play QB.

You keep talking about Bill and defense, only time NE remotely looks like winning a SB is when they have a great defense. Ironic huh.

He is not nearly as good a GM as HC IMO. Brady would have benefited from a better GM even if he had a lesser coach.

He is not nearly as good a GM as HC IMO. Brady would have benefited from a better GM even if he had a lesser coach.

Lesser coach?. Your fandom is taking over logic.

Why does everyone think NE has a better chance this year to win SB?. Is it because of defense or offense?.

Lesser coach?. Your fandom is taking over logic.

Why does everyone think NE has a better chance this year to win SB?. Is it because of defense or offense?.

Sure. A lesser coach and a better GM. You know other coaches besides Bill have won SBs.

They have a better chance because Bill finally decided to go and spend money in FA on Revis and Browner to defend the pass. Something NE fans have been waiting for him to do since Samuels left.

Sure. A lesser coach and a better GM. You know other coaches besides Bill have won SBs.

They have a better chance because Bill finally decided to go and spend money in FA on Revis and Browner to defend the pass. Something NE fans have been waiting for him to do since Samuels left.

Who decided?. Bill. Check.

Defensive move. Check.

Bill is a defensive coach. Check

Coz of this now NE is a SB fav. Check.

Who decided?. Bill. Check.

Defensive move. Check.

Bill is a defensive coach. Check

Coz of this now NE is a SB fav. Check.

Sure, only took him seven years to decide.... and in the meantime still no legit WR for Brady on the outside and still the offense ranks higher than the defense. How about that.

Sure, only took him seven years to decide.... and in the meantime still no legit WR for Brady on the outside and still the offense ranks higher than the defense. How about that.

And?.

Bottom line is this. Without defense and Bill, there is no championship in NE. It is a fact. You can spin all you want.

And?.

Bottom line is this. Without defense and Bill, there is no championship in NE. It is a fact. You can spin all you want.

lol. The most important position on any football team is QB. It is the most important position in all of sports ....

Lol ok

lol ask Trent Dilfer

Lol end

Lol...

Wait lol....

Is that all you got? How about the Ravens for years with the best defense after Dilfer and zero rings until Flacco broke out with a post-season for the ages. How about the Bengals that have had a top 10 defense since Dalton got there and no playoff wins. How about the Jets with the top ranked defense in 09 and 10 and nada because Sanchez was leading them. The list goes on and on. There is always one or two exceptions with anything but the QB is what drives the team to a ring. 

Actually his body of work in Cleveland was fairly impressive when you look at the circumstances. Baltimore can thank Belichick for much of their success as well. I always laugh when people say Belichick wasn't successful in Cleveland. Pure ignorance.  

Nice post, you saved me from having to respond lol..

Belichick took a horrible Cleveland team and got them to the playoffs by his final year.. this was all while being boxed out by the owner who was more focused on moving the team.  There was a lot of backdoor politics and other stuff going on there, but Belichick was still able to take them from a doormat of a team and turn them into a playoff team.

It was a good coaching job given the circumstances, but simple minds will see what they want to see.

Is that all you got? How about the Ravens for years with the best defense after Dilfer and zero rings until Flacco broke out with a post-season for the ages. How about the Bengals that have had a top 10 defense since Dalton got there and no playoff wins. How about the Jets with the top ranked defense in 09 and 10 and nada because Sanchez was leading them. The list goes on and on. There is always one or two exceptions with anything but the QB is what drives the team to a ring. 

Really show me SB winning team from the last 10 years with a defense outside Top 10.

Actually his body of work in Cleveland was fairly impressive when you look at the circumstances. Baltimore can thank Belichick for much of their success as well. I always laugh when people say Belichick wasn't successful in Cleveland. Pure ignorance.  

Yep, Ozzie Newsome in his football for life documentary said it clearly. 2000 Ravens belonged to Belichick.

Posted · Hidden by -JJ-, December 13, 2014 - insult to mods
Hidden by -JJ-, December 13, 2014 - insult to mods

They drafted Luck?

is that the answer . . . ;)

Funny how those 2-14 seasons seem so timely . . .

Its pretty obvious what happened that season, but you'll get threatened by mods if you mention it here. 

Very convenient indeed...

Yep, Ozzie Newsome in his football for life documentary said it clearly. 2000 Ravens belonged to Belichick.

While Belichick had underrated success in Cleveland, for Ozzie to say that is a HUGE exaggeration. Just look at the roster changes.

Really show me SB winning team from the last 10 years with a defense outside Top 10.

I never said a good defense was not needed to win a SB but your point was about Brady and Belichick and how Brady would fare without Bill. Brady would have plenty of wins with an average HC and potential titles too if the GM put a quality team around him. He was won an awful lot in NE without the benefit of super star talent.

I never said a good defense was not needed to win a SB but your point was about Brady and Belichick and how Brady would fare without Bill. Brady would have plenty of wins with an average HC and potential titles too if the GM put a quality team around him. He was won an awful lot in NE without the benefit of super star talent.

My point was with AMF and how important Bill is to NE. You interjected and starting spouting it to a different direction.

Back to the point, good defense is a must to win SBs. Last 10 years in NE are an example. They had a high octane offense in 2007 and we saw the SB how it went.

My point was with AMF and how important Bill is to NE. You interjected and starting spouting it to a different direction.

Back to the point, good defense is a must to win SBs. Last 10 years in NE are an example. They had a high octane offense in 2007 and we saw the SB how it went.

I read through the thread. When did you mention 2007 or offense? You were talking about how Brady has benefited from Bill and wondering how Brady would have fared with an average HC. That is what I was responding to. 

In 2011 the Pats had a defense that was in the bottom third of the league and Brady took it to the Super Bowl losing on the final drive by the Giants.

You answered it yourself.

Bad defense, no title. No matter how good your offense was.

You really can't stick to an argument, can you? You were slapped down by AMF and BloodontheTracks on all your points and now you are talking about defense and titles? Really??