Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Lions will not fine or suspend Lions Raiola

B~Town

You are leaving out the part that they could have ended the game by taking a couple of knees

And you keep leaving out that they had kicked a FG that they were cheap shotted on resulting in a personal foul. Why do you keep glossing over that? They kicked the Fg and were walking off when the flag came and the replay showed their guy spearing our long snapper which could have seriously injured him.

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

America doesn't hate very team with a good winning tradition. I mean.. it has been 9 years since they  won their last championship. Riola ... geez if the Pats are going to play to the final second .. why can't he ? If he made an illegal play , throw the flag.

Sure it does. Hated the Yankees,  the Lakers, the Cowboys ... etc. Comes with the territory.

Pats have never lost to Detroit going back to 2000. Lots of frustration there on top of getting whipped after coming in with a top ranked defense.

His play was among the dirtiest I have ever seen. If you can't see/admit that then I think we are done.

Sure it does. Hated the Yankees,  the Lakers, the Cowboys ... etc. Comes with the territory.

Pats have never lost to Detroit going back to 2000. Lots of frustration there on top of getting whipped after coming in with a top ranked defense.

His play was among the dirtiest I have ever seen. If you can't see/admit that then I think we are done.

Thought they called Dallas " America's Team ?" Never heard of "laker hate" and please don't compare the Pats little run to the Yankess 14 WS wins from 1938-1962.

This guy needs to be punished hard . . . you can not have players trying to injury other players just because their pride is hurt . . . boo hoo deal with it . . . if you want to try to injure someone, and perhaps shorten their career and income stream, you need to taken care of harshly . . .

yes football is a violent sport and injuries can happen as the result of plays . . . but taken a premeditate act which is specifically design to have a high risk of injury and furthermore that is not needed for the play needs to be take care of by the league . . .

surely there was tension . . . but the lions are not innocent . . . they have a understandably so complex of wanting to have a winning team after all of losing seasons and like to make statements, fair enough . . . however at times their statements are made with their fist and rough illegal plays. . . at times they can be punkish, especially when they are getting spanked like this past weekend.

these guys have more than one chop on a patriots throughout the game . . . not to mention the fact that the pats seem poised to run out the clock until Suh makes the comment after we blew off a big run and he tackles the next player on the next play and says "you can't ^^^ run on us m-^^^", coupled with this the there was nearly too much time on the clock and real estate for the pats to run out the clock so the pats went for it on 4th down outside of the red zone as one would normally go for a FG, but the pats decided to give the defense a chance to stop them and prevent any points being scored . . . they did not stop them, Detroit then extends the game by calling TOs, the pats get another 4th down at the 2 and figure it would be better kick a FG lest their gain more than 2 yards on the 4th down play and end up with a TD . . . 

All Detroit had to do was led the FG happen and they get the ball back . . . the pats where showing "sympathy" by kicking a FG . . . instead of taking this, and after extending the game via TOs, the Lions went all punk and bull rushes the long snapper . . . would could of resulted in an injury on an otherwise meaningless play . . . anybody remember the time and location of Sergio's Browns "freak" injury on Gronk somehow getting his helmet on Gronk's forearm . . . it happened on a meaningless extra point near the end of the game . . . maybe the pats are tired of having the opponent injure their players on meaningless plays . . .

bottom, although some might try to mitigate the attacks in defense of running up the score, the Lions did not do themselves any justice and more importantly did not realize what the pats were doing which was harmless until of after the bull rush . . .

Bottom line the following happened, in review

1) Suh mouth's off and acts tough in a meaningless tackle

2) The pats give the lions a change to stop them on 4th down as opposed to attempting a short FG

3) After the conversion, the lions did not see fit to let the game end but called two TOs indicating that they thought the game was not over and wanted the ball back so they could try to pull off a miracle.

4) When the pats were at the 2 yard line and could of tried to run it again on fourth down and perhaps score a TD decided to just kick the ball and only impose 3 points as opposed to a possible 7 

5) Instead of letting that happen and getting the ball back as you wished by calling the TOs, the lions bull rush the longer snapper in a play that had a high risk of injury . . .

well boys and girls at time it time let the lions know they can not get away with things . . . the lions sent a message that they thought the game as not over, talked smack, and after we took measures to reduce the possibly of points imposed they tried to injury one of our players . . . at that time it is time to simply punch the ball into the end zone . . . if the opponent does not take action to respect what we are doing, then one can not complain if do not show sympathy back to them  . . . true on one level the punching the ball in the end zone can be viewed as scoring unnecessarily as they could of taken a knee, but one needs to look at the context above to fully understand the pats mind set . . .

Thought they called Dallas " America's Team ?" Never heard of "laker hate" and please don't compare the Pats little run to the Yankess 14 WS wins from 1938-1962.

Cowboys were loathed. No one has ever liked Jerry Jones. He may be the most hated owner in all of sports.

Do you like Kobe? Even his own teammates dislike him.

Are you saying the Yankees were not hated during that stretch? Pretty sure they were.

But honestly, I am trying to understand your point. Are you saying the Pats deserved to be cheap shotted not once but twice in the final two minutes because they have scored too many points in the past? Is that what you are really saying?

I have never understood why a team that is getting crushed all game has so much issue with the last score. Did Detroit feel good about letting up the 27 prior to the two minute warning? What is it about the final drive in which the Pats ran the ball and even went for a fourth down earlier in the drive instead of kicking a longer FG and converted only to have Detroit use its timeouts to extend the game that somehow threw them over the edge when the Pats lined up for a FG on 4th and goal from the 2? And why didn't they have that mentality to start the game? Perhaps than it would have still been a ball game by half time.

And you keep leaving out that they had kicked a FG that they were cheap shotted on resulting in a personal foul. Why do you keep glossing over that? They kicked the Fg and were walking off when the flag came and the replay showed their guy spearing our long snapper which could have seriously injured him.

Jesus... every penalty is a "cheap shot." Big deal , your long snapper got hit. So take 2 knees and get the freak off the field. Big deal they committed a penalty on the FG. 

Cowboys were loathed. No one has ever liked Jerry Jones. He may be the most hated owner in all of sports.

Do you like Kobe? Even his own teammates dislike him.

Are you saying the Yankees were not hated during that stretch? Pretty sure they were.

But honestly, I am trying to understand your point. Are you saying the Pats deserved to be cheap shotted not once but twice in the final two minutes because they have scored too many points in the past? Is that what you are really saying?

Nope . Not saying any of that. I said don't compare the Pats to the Yankees. Where do I say nobody hated the Yankees ? Now just don't float over that ... answer it. Where do I say what you claim I said ? 

Also your two answers on Kobe and Jerry Jones are typical of your logic. Doesn't go anywhere proving your point. I love Kobe . So I guess that blows you up even more. 

What I said is one of the reasons a lot of people hated the Pats is because they have been running up the score for years. Once again , you're trying to put more words in my mouth. Never did I say they deserved to be 

cheap shotted" in that game or any other game. I said just take the knee and leave the field. No where did I ever condone any cheap shots or any other penalty. 

How about you try this "put words in people's mouth crap " and other the other ridiculous stuff with people you have a chance to get away with it ? I'll just keep calling you out to no end and continue to dominate you. 

I have never understood why a team that is getting crushed all game has so much issue with the last score. Did Detroit feel good about letting up the 27 prior to the two minute warning? What is it about the final drive in which the Pats ran the ball and even went for a fourth down earlier in the drive instead of kicking a longer FG and converted only to have Detroit use its timeouts to extend the game that somehow threw them over the edge when the Pats lined up for a FG on 4th and goal from the 2? And why didn't they have that mentality to start the game? Perhaps than it would have still been a ball game by half time.

​Because most teams don't risk injuring players by scoring meaningless TD's when the game can be ended by taking a knee or two. It's also considered to be "rubbing it in." Hope that helps.

Never did I say they deserved to be 

cheap shotted" in that game or any other game. I said just take the knee and leave the field. No where did I ever condone any cheap shots or any other penalty. 

Good, then we agree about the cheap shots.

In terms of taking the knee and leaving, do you realize Detroit was using its timeouts on that final drive to extend the game and that the Pats went for a fourth down earlier on the drive and converted instead of kicking a longer FG? I mean come on. Like I said, if you commit a personal foul on a cheap shot FG, you have to expect the team to score on it from the 1. It is football. The larger point you are missing is that if Detroit does not take aim at our long snapper than there is no reason for knees. It never comes into play. They get the ball back with two minutes to go down 30-9 and they can take knees or try to score.

​Because most teams don't risk injuring players by scoring meaningless TD's when the game can be ended by taking a knee or two. It's also considered to be "rubbing it in." Hope that helps.

So by that logic  was Aaron Rodgers risking his team when he dropped 50+ on the Bears and Eagles? Or how about Manning when he dropped 41 on Oakland?

I think you need to grow up. This is the NFL. All teams routinely score and score at will. This season may set the record for most blowout victories. Yet, only the Lions seem to have issue with it and they were not beaten nearly as badly as some other teams this season.

In terms of taking the knee and leaving, do you realize Detroit was using its timeouts on that final drive to extend the game and that the Pats went for a fourth down earlier on the drive and converted instead of kicking a longer FG? I mean come on. Like I said, if you commit a personal foul on a cheap shot FG, you have to expect the team to score on it from the 1. It is football. The larger point you are missing is that if Detroit does not take aim at our long snapper than there is no reason for knees. It never comes into play. They get the ball back with two minutes to go down 30-9 and they can take knees or try to score.

So by that logic  was Aaron Rodgers risking his team when he dropped 50+ on the Bears and Eagles? Or how about Manning when he dropped 41 on Oakland?

I think you need to grow up. This is the NFL. All teams routinely score and score at will. This season may set the record for most blowout victories. Yet, only the Lions seem to have issue with it and they were not beaten nearly as badly as some other teams this season.

No... 50 point games happen all the time. I don't need to grow up , you need to use that thing on your shoulders a bit more. What I'm saying is that teams generally take a knee when it ends a game rather than try to score a TD to go up 34-7. Far , far different from just dropping 50 on a team. 

This guy needs to be punished hard . . . you can not have players trying to injury other players just because their pride is hurt . . . boo hoo deal with it . . . if you want to try to injure someone, and perhaps shorten their career and income stream, you need to taken care of harshly . . .

yes football is a violent sport and injuries can happen as the result of plays . . . but taken a premeditate act which is specifically design to have a high risk of injury and furthermore that is not needed for the play needs to be take care of by the league . . .

Like Rob Gronkowski pushing Sergio Brown into a television cart. haha

It happens all the time and I agree that it's ridiculous. One team is trying not to rub it in and the other is calling stupid TO's. Happened in the Colts - Jag game just this Sunday. But more often than not , the team just 

I think that is the part that has everyone so fired up. The Pats were not trying to rub it in. They ran the ball the last drive and went for it on fourth down to give the Lions a chance to stop them and they didn't and then the Lions start calling time outs.

But as I have said before Raiola is just a meathead and has a history of those types of plays. I feel bad for Caldwell as he has some tough personalities on that team to try to win with. And Stafford just isn't very good.

Why teams call those stupid time outs is no doubt annoying. Jags did that this week to the Colts. The only time I can understand it is to maybe give a guy like Bortles an extra series? Still is very lame as far as I'm concerned. IMO , it should mostly be a safety issue. The game is dangerous enough without adding a few plays that should not take place. I'm not missing the point you bring up. The question is if one guy on the Lions team made a bad decision , should the Pats just take a knee and leave ? I feel yes . I get your point but it's not an automatic that they need to run the play.

Why teams call those stupid time outs is no doubt annoying. Jags did that this week to the Colts. The only time I can understand it is to maybe give a guy like Bortles an extra series? Still is very lame as far as I'm concerned. IMO , it should mostly be a safety issue. The game is dangerous enough without adding a few plays that should not take place. I'm not missing the point you bring up. The question is if one guy on the Lions team made a bad decision , should the Pats just take a knee and leave ? I feel yes . I get your point but it's not an automatic that they need to run the play.

I don't think Stafford ever came out of the game. But I can see doing that to give the back up some reps.

I really hate the end of blow out games for this very reason. Tempers flare and no matter what the offense does, the losing team feels slighted. Apparently Suh was mad at the end that we were running on them with Blount. I mean you can't win sometimes. Bill was handling that final drive beautifully but I think things were going to explode whether they took the knees or not. I mean Detroit came in no doubt confident with a top defense and Megatron healthy and the Pats just shut them down on both sides all game. It was pretty much over by half time. I can see how that would frustrate a team but you still have to be professionals and I am not sure if that culture in Detroit can ever be changed. I know Caldwell is trying, but ...

No.... I'm responding to the statements that say fan bases would be angry if the situation were reversed. You must read posts and give a good effort to understand what the poster is saying rather than just spout off.

What I responded to was ....."amfootball, on 25 Nov 2014 - 07:13 AM, said:

snapback.png

Other words I'm giving opinion to why maybe some fans don't like the Pats...

If a Patriots player had done that it would have been HUGE. The Patriots are held to the highest standards.

Really? By whom?

There is no such thing as running up the score. Especially in the NFL, especially when the last drive was primarily running plays.

Posted · Hidden by SteelCityColt, November 25, 2014 - Baiting
Hidden by SteelCityColt, November 25, 2014 - Baiting

The Lions aren't classy like the Colts. When the Patriots took the Colts lunch money, girlfriend, gold chains then gave them a wedgie in their own living room we saw none of this frustrated behavior.   

So your point is that fanbases don't like the Pats? We already knew that but that is because of all the winning.

Riola is just a meathead and you know it.

People hate them because they are the Duke basketball of the NFL.....other fans can't escape the constant butt kissing from espn. It gets to obnoxious levels when the Pats are rolling.....especially when it comes to Belichick.

People hate them because they are the Duke basketball of the NFL.....other fans can't escape the constant butt kissing from espn. It gets to obnoxious levels when the Pats are rolling.....especially when it comes to Belichick.

Sure but still that EPPN love is the result of them winning.

Sure, that's part of it....a big part....but lots of teams have won consistently and not been hated like the Pats.

So why do you think that is? Solely a function of ESPN?

Personally, I think Belichick makes it hard for people to like the team. He just comes across so dour at time and his PCs are brutal. We are used to him here but I can see how his demeanor and approach would make opposing fans dislike him and by extension the team.

IF the NFL truly wants to protect there players something needs to be done . This play is a lot like the Pittsburg player trying to jump over a kneel down it's not a penalty or does not get a fine but it's an attempt to injure a player and the league needs to set some precedent that that behavior will not be tolerated .  

I don't think Stafford ever came out of the game. But I can see doing that to give the back up some reps.

I really hate the end of blow out games for this very reason. Tempers flare and no matter what the offense does, the losing team feels slighted. Apparently Suh was mad at the end that we were running on them with Blount. I mean you can't win sometimes. Bill was handling that final drive beautifully but I think things were going to explode whether they took the knees or not. I mean Detroit came in no doubt confident with a top defense and Megatron healthy and the Pats just shut them down on both sides all game. It was pretty much over by half time. I can see how that would frustrate a team but you still have to be professionals and I am not sure if that culture in Detroit can ever be changed. I know Caldwell is trying, but ...

I was talking about giving a 1st year QB like Bortles reps. Giving reps to a guy like Stafford IMO serves no purpose. I guess it would depend on how much time was left and by how much the trailing team was behind in the case of Det calling the TO's. In any event , I think both teams should just move on and it includes homers like Teddy shutting up too.