Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Question of the Day - 11/18 "Twosday Twofer"

sb41champs

:blueshoe:   ENJOY TWODAYS "TWOSDAY TWOFER" - "Bad Boys Edition":

:blueshoe:   1.  It was announced that Vikings RB Adrian Peterson has been suspended by the NFL for the remainder of the 2014 season WITHOUT PAY for his personal conduct issue involving the disciplining of his son.

Thumbs up - or - down ??

:blueshoe:   2.  Former Ravens RB Ray Rice is appealing the NFL's decision to suspend him indefinitely for his assault on his fiancee last off-season.  Rice & his legal team contend that since the Ravens dismissed him - that the NFL punishment is "double jeopardy" and ask for immediate reinstatement.

Will an NFL team take a chance on RB Ray Rice if the NFL is forced to reinstate him ??

1. In my mind, domestic violence & child abuse are not the same thing meaning that this "personal conduct policy" issue is an unusual circumstance as far as AP is concerned because a lot of parents believe that any outside authority figure like the League Office has no right to tell another family member how to disciple their child behind closed doors in the comfort of their own home. Clearly, AP's son was severely beaten & the Vikings RB went over the line here. I have no problem with denying AP any more game checks this year from his team. 

2. Ray Rice has a good shot at winning his case. He was told 2 games indefinitely  & then suspended indefinitely. That's double jeopardy being punished for the same crime twice. If Rice is reinstated owner Zygi Wilf would have no choice to pay AP his salary as negotiated by the NFL owners & NFL Players Association in the CBA.

Roger Goodell has way too much power. "Absolute power corrupts absolutely."

:blueshoe:   Peterson crossed the line of corporal punishment.  Now he faces HIS punishment.  He settled his legal issue - and - now the NFL has handed down their punishment for violation of the "personal conduct policy".  Thumbs up !!

:blueshoe:   The NFL contends that Ray Rice gave them a significantly different account of the altercation - than what the video clearly showed.  That was the reason that the punishment changed.

While I don't know what "evidence" either side has - and - THAT is what will determine the outcome of the appeal - I believe that his "indefinite suspension" will be reduced.

I think some team will take a chance on him - I don't think it will be this season.  I also think that ANY team will provide plenty of provisions in his new contract to protect the team should another action of this kind occur again.