Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

The Colts-Patriots rivalry will continue in the future with Brady vs. Luck III

coltkingABC

Nah Barbie Doll Brady is almost done. He is looking as  fragile as his super model wife. Couple more years and off to the retirement home for him. 

We own NE starting this Sunday night. Luck and Co. are here to stay.

Must really stink having such a terrible record against QB Barbie! 

;)

Must really stink having such a terrible record against QB Barbie! 

;)

Honest question since I don't want to work the Google machine today. How many times did the Colts have to play in Foxborough though? Everyone knows that it's very difficult to win there.

Honest question since I don't want to work the Google machine today. How many times did the Colts have to play in Foxborough though? Everyone knows that it's very difficult to win there.

Unofficially (just me looking it up and subject to my small brain's margin-for-error)...

• 16 games since 2001 (includes the game in 2008 when Brady was hurt and the game in 2011 when Manning was hurt)
  • Patriots are 11-5 
  • 10 played in Foxboro (3 playoff games, with home field determined by seeding)
  • 6 played in Indy (1 playoff game, with home field determined by seeding)
  • Three road wins for NE
  • Two road wins for Indy

Unofficially (just me looking it up and subject to my small brain's margin-for-error)...

• 16 games since 2001 (includes the game in 2008 when Brady was hurt and the game in 2011 when Manning was hurt)
  • Patriots are 11-5 
  • 10 played in Foxboro (3 playoff games, with home field determined by seeding)
  • 6 played in Indy (1 playoff game, with home field determined by seeding)
  • Three road wins for NE
  • Two road wins for Indy

Right, seems like the Patriots have had the edge over the Colts more due to playing in Foxborough. Patriots have only won 1 time in Indy but have played less there. Just a little uneven in my opinion if you believe in home field advantages.

Tell me with a straight face he isn't built like Barbie.

Well he's fruity for sure. Am I supposed to care about that? 

I'd hardly call him fragile though. The only games he's ever missed were in 2008 when he blew out his ACL. 

If he plays like he plays, he can wear a wedding dress, high heels, and lipstick for every press conference, as far as I'm concerned. I really couldn't care less about the personal lives/choices of athletes. 

Well he's fruity for sure. Am I supposed to care about that? 

I'd hardly call him fragile though. The only games he's ever missed were in 2008 when he blew out his ACL. 

If he plays like he plays, he can wear a wedding dress, high heels, and lipstick for every press conference, as far as I'm concerned. I really couldn't care less about the personal lives/choices of athletes. 

:lol:  Stop it your killing me now

Right, seems like the Patriots have had the edge over the Colts more due to playing in Foxborough. Patriots have only won 1 time in Indy but have played less there. Just a little uneven in my opinion if you believe in home field advantages.

If you eliminate the playoff games (where home-field is earned), it's pretty close. Seven games in Foxboro, five in Indy (and six after Sunday). 

I don't understand the home field "formula" when it comes to scheduling. Looks like if they play again next year (inevitable since both will easily win their divisions), it'll be at LOS again. 

If you eliminate the playoff games (where home-field is earned), it's pretty close. Seven games in Foxboro, five in Indy (and six after Sunday). 

I don't understand the home field "formula" when it comes to scheduling. Looks like if they play again next year (inevitable since both will easily win their divisions), it'll be at LOS again. 

Its already scheduled  for Indy next year

How many times has NE had a better Defense and O line then our 2 QBs??

This was from a CHFF article that was totally over-the-top, but some interesting stats and info came out of it. 

Peyton Manning has played with plenty of strong, Super Bowl-caliber defenses

Manning played with really bad defenses in his rookie season of 1998 and again in 2001. Brady played with a strong defense in his debut season of 2001 and a great defense in 2003.

Those first impressions created storylines that linger today: the average fan says Manning's career has been burdened by terrible defenses, while Brady has benefited from the defensive genius of Bill Belichick...

Including this season, Manning has played with seven different defenses that ranked in the Top 8 in scoring. Brady has played with eight different defenses that ranked in the Top 8 in scoring.

Manning's teams have surrendered an average of 21.4 PPG; Brady's teams 18.8 PPG.

Full article is here, don't kill the messenger.  ;)

http://www.coldhardfootballfacts.com/content/no-debate-facts-show-tom-brady-better-than-peyton-manning/31873/

This was from a CHFF article that was totally over-the-top, but some interesting stats and info came out of it. 

Peyton Manning has played with plenty of strong, Super Bowl-caliber defenses

Manning played with really bad defenses in his rookie season of 1998 and again in 2001. Brady played with a strong defense in his debut season of 2001 and a great defense in 2003.

Those first impressions created storylines that linger today: the average fan says Manning's career has been burdened by terrible defenses, while Brady has benefited from the defensive genius of Bill Belichick...

Including this season, Manning has played with seven different defenses that ranked in the Top 8 in scoring. Brady has played with eight different defenses that ranked in the Top 8 in scoring.

Manning's teams have surrendered an average of 21.4 PPG; Brady's teams 18.8 PPG.

Full article is here, don't kill the messenger.  ;)

http://www.coldhardfootballfacts.com/content/no-debate-facts-show-tom-brady-better-than-peyton-manning/31873/

There you went and sidetracked this thread. It's bout to get ugly up in here. I'm going to Arby's for a sammich.

There you went and sidetracked this thread. It's bout to get ugly up in here. I'm going to Arby's for a sammich.

Not my intention!

Like I said, the article is over the top. (I even utilized bold face fonts and underlines to emphasize!) 

I just would have guessed, like many others, that the margin of difference in their defenses was a little wider than a field goal. 

When it comes to them playing due to the East playing the South, it alternates.  If they played in Indy last time the East played the South then next time it would be in NE.  When it comes to them playing due to finishing with the same rank within their respective divisions..I have no idea. :D

Good chance you knew that much already. :)

When it comes to them playing due to the East playing the South, it alternates.  If they played in Indy last time the East played the South then next time it would be in NE.  When it comes to them playing due to finishing with the same rank within their respective divisions..I have no idea. :D

Good chance you knew that much already. :)

Total ice cream headache territory, trying to figure out the NFL scheduling thing! 

I get how opponents are determined, but home/away seems so random sometimes.