Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

o-line (Colts @ Broncos)

OLD FAN MAN

I think Thornton will get better. He played LG all last year and his mind/body are adjusting to being on the right side. 

I don't believe Shipley is good at guard. He's not as bad as McGlynn, but just like McGlynn, he plays much better at Center. 

When I first said we should bring in Incognito for workouts, I got lamb basted, now it's not looking like the worst option ever..? 

We saw the Colts possibly field the three worst interior linemen at their respective positions in the NFL last year, so it seems all this bickering is ridiculous to me.  It was night and day compared to last year, and against a really good front-7.  As far as Thornton goes, I didn't see a guy getting consistently embarrassed like some of you did.  For the time being, I have more confidence in him than the rookie (Mewhort) or the center who's been on the team a week and a half (Shipley).  To me, an OL that hasn't spent much time together is going to take longer to jell due to the TC contact rules now in place.  They made strides from the first half to the second, and I expect they'll be much better next week against Philly.  I can't single anyone out negatively based on this game, and I'm more interested in how they play as a unit, which was "fairly well"...

Im gunna have to disagree with the majority here. I would actually go as far to say that they played very well. Considering that they played one of the best Dlines in the league, dropped back near 60 times, most of which was while trailing and still only gave up 2 sacks.  Plus Luck had enough time on damn near every pass. Even the small amount of running plays where actually blocked up quite well, picked up positive yards on most running plays. Across the board everyone had at least 1 bad play, but overall as a unit they had a good game. Passed my expectations at least. I can think of many reasons for why they lost..but the oline wasnt one of them.

Shipley missed some key blocks early on in the game. He was coming off his double teams too slow and was responsible for picking up Nate Irving on his two big plays he made early(the tackle for loss on TRich and on a sack). He was fully prepared mentally to play this game and it showed early on