Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

"Injuries"

Indyboy757

No team in the NFL can hide from injuries, this we know is apart of the game. I for one am sick and tired of watching our seasons end short due to injuries. Late last season I wrote Colts.com mail bag on this topic and was suprisingly answered. I'm not going to go in to depth about the responce at this time. but I am seeing a high number of injuries in training camp and the preseason. I will knock on wood but if this is another season of a high number of injuries I think its definitely time to start looking at a new conditioning program because as it stands right now according to Kyle Rodriguez from colts Authority Indy is the most injury prone team in the NFL since 2009. I'm aware the Colt are using new technology to alleviate some of these injury concerns. I pray this season is differnent then the last two, but if not the front office has to make the change needed. Once again I know injuries are apart of the game, but when you have as many as we have someone needs to be held accountable.

No team in the NFL can hide from injuries, this we know is apart of the game. I for one am sick and tired of watching our seasons end short due to injuries. Late last season I wrote Colts.com mail bag on this topic and was suprisingly answered. I'm not going to go in to depth about the responce at this time. but I am seeing a high number of injuries in training camp and the preseason. I will knock on wood but if this is another season of a high number of injuries I think its definitely time to start looking at a new conditioning program because as it stands right now according to Kyle Rodriguez from colts Authority Indy is the most injury prone team in the NFL since 2009. I'm aware the Colt are using new technology to alleviate some of these injury concerns. I pray this season is differnent then the last two, but if not the front office has to make the change needed. Once again I know injuries are apart of the game, but when you have as many as we have someone needs to be held accountable.

It has a lot to do with what is in the collective bargaining agreement. It has cut the training time down along with the contact drills. Just last week the Seahawks were penalized for over practice and contact drills. I think it is just a coincidence the Colts seem to have more than anyone else. Our training staff don't do anything different than any other team.

I heard Tim Brown on NFL Sirius network talking about injuries in general. One thing that stood out was him saying athletes in general train differently now days. Special running shoes and similations, in the gym all the time. His biggest recommendation was to make sure they wear their cleats while training all the time and do more old school exercises vs the modern day methods. Was interesting for sure

The idea that the Colts are failing at this, is interesting. As much as Jim cares about the horseshoe, I find it highly improbable that no one is being held accountable. I also find it hard to imagine that there is a single aspect in regards to this that is not being, or has not been considered....in an effort to alleviate this trend. That may not satisfy those who want to point fingers, but it may just be a bad string of luck. 

The truth is ever team does their conditioning program differently, for example the Eagles conditioning program is held with X Navy Seals. I suggested this to the mail bag last year. At this time no one has been held accountable and thats fine, but if we continue to have the highest numbers of injuries something has to be done. The collective bargaining agreement has nothing to do with the conditioning program, and if you feel it does because of the limited contact wounldn't having a great offseason conditoning program mean that much more to your billion dollar organization. The suggestion that turf grass is the cause for our past injuries is just an excuse and isn't true. To me we can't keep making excuses, I hope this is a trend that doesn't continue knock on wood, but if not I don't think its wise to try and put it off on bad Luck or coincidence. Its not about pointing fingers as much as it is about maximizing wins. I'm just saying

The truth is ever team does their conditioning program differently, for example the Eagles conditioning program is held with X Navy Seals. I suggested this to the mail bag last year. At this time no one has been held accountable and thats fine, but if we continue to have the highest numbers of injuries something has to be done. The collective bargaining agreement has nothing to do with the conditioning program, and if you feel it does because of the limited contact wounldn't having a great offseason conditoning program mean that much more to your billion dollar organization. The suggestion that turf grass is the cause for our past injuries is just an excuse and isn't true. To me we can't keep making excuses, I hope this is a trend that doesn't continue knock on wood, but if not I don't think its wise to try and put it off on bad Luck or coincidence. Its not about pointing fingers as much as it is about maximizing wins. I'm just saying

So I'm guessing you mean to you. I don't know for sure, but just because it's not public, doesn't mean there isn't accountability.

How can you dismiss turf as an outlier and put all your chips on our offseason conditioning?

Also, Navy Seals suffer injuries too, it's just not as widely publicized.

Are we the only team under the collective bargaining agreement? What a stupid comment that its our problem.

The Colts are not the only NFL team that has had a upswing in injuries. It don't take a rocket scientist to figure out that the lack of training is related to an increase in injuries.