Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Weird Draft Scenario...

Lets say we have the first pick in every round. And miami has the 2nd. Is it possible for the colts to somehow "tell" miami to draft players we want but cant get because we are selecting players with our picks? For example. We draft Luck, then promise miami we will trade him to them if they draft oh idk Justin blackmon on or whoever you want plus some other players from the draft via miami's draft. In the end, we end up with with our 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th, and 7th picks along with miamis picks that we "told" them" to draft for us in exchange for luck. MIami gets luck and we get 6 of our own drafted players along with some of miamis. Is this even possible? Just curious. I am in no way saying the colts should do this.

I couldn't see it happening like that. If anything, the #1 pick would just be traded to Miami for their picks that you mentioned...though I'm not sure they'd package every pick in the 2012 draft. I could see them giving up that many picks but it'd more likely be spread over 2012, 2013 and possibly 2014.