Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Jerrell Freeman

beavis

ive heard hes had a good camp, but its hard to judge when you cant hit. jerrell you dont have to worry about though. boy comes to play every game. most underrated player in the nfl imo

They do get involved in the pass game.  I remember getting carved up by I believe Tennessee because we couldn't stop any crossing routes.

They do get involved in the pass game.  I remember getting carved up by I believe Tennessee because we couldn't stop any crossing routes.

I blame that fully on Manusky.  The crossing routes were usually Walker beating Freeman or another LB.  When you see Walker has more speed than any of your LBs, you change the matchup.  The LBs didn't dog it or anything.  They were going full effort.  Manusky just didn't make any adjustments and let the crossing routes rip apart the defense

I blame that fully on Manusky. The crossing routes were usually Walker beating Freeman or another LB. When you see Walker has more speed than any of your LBs, you change the matchup. The LBs didn't dog it or anything. They were going full effort. Manusky just didn't make any adjustments and let the crossing routes rip apart the defense

It was only for the 1st quarter and beginning of 2nd. After that Fitzpatrick was shut down and help to like 200 passing yards

I blame that fully on Manusky.  The crossing routes were usually Walker beating Freeman or another LB.  When you see Walker has more speed than any of your LBs, you change the matchup.  The LBs didn't dog it or anything.  They were going full effort.  Manusky just didn't make any adjustments and let the crossing routes rip apart the defense

Im not going to agree or disagree, im just curious if there was reason to think they may be better.  And just for the record it wasn't just that game,  we may as well have not had any MLBers on the field for the New England playoff game.

It was only for the 1st quarter and beginning of 2nd. After that Fitzpatrick was shut down and help to like 200 passing yards

From what I remember, CJ ran wild on us in the first half, highlighted with an 80 yard TD run.  Then, in the 2nd half, we shut him down, but Fitzpatrick was able to make the game much closer than it should have been due to those crossing routes.  I may be recalling incorrectly though

Im not going to agree or disagree, im just curious if there was reason to think they may be better.  And just for the record it wasn't just that game,  we may as well have not had any MLBers on the field for the New England playoff game.

Sorry, I'm not understanding your question.  Was there a reason to think who may be better?  Our LBs?  A better option to cover their TEs?

The Thursday night game?  I was there for that one, the first half was ridiculous in that there were no adjustments made.  They were killing us with that same play over and over again.

Second half, the Titans self destructed. 

The Thursday night game?  I was there for that one, the first half was ridiculous in that there were no adjustments made.  They were killing us with that same play over and over again.

Second half, the Titans self destructed. 

That seems to be our MO over the last few years - get to halftime and THEN make adjustments.

Not sure why it takes that long, but it seems to be how we run both the offense and defense.  Maybe the coordinators want to

give the gameplans a chance to work?  I sure as heck don't understand it otherwise.  Kind of frustrates me at times.

That seems to be our MO over the last few years - get to halftime and THEN make adjustments.

Not sure why it takes that long, but it seems to be how we run both the offense and defense.  Maybe the coordinators want to

give the gameplans a chance to work?  I sure as heck don't understand it otherwise.  Kind of frustrates me at times.

I think part of it is stubborness.  They have a gameplan and want to stick with it.  Even when it's obvious to everyone in the stadium that it's not working.

I'm sure there's conversations on the sidelines with the coaches telling the players they're not handling their assignment.  And the players say they understand and will do it.  Then they get beat again.

We all understand that teams gameplan to get the best advantage in matchups (except for preseason games) but sometimes you have to realize that you're wrong and have a backup plan ready to go.  Not dial one up at the half.