Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Lets talk about our WR core

Nesjan3

I never said he has a bigger arm, i said his arm strength wasn't the problem. Wallace was covered all season. If he could go across the middle he would have had a much better year.

I agree wallace is a one trick pony, but tannerhill underthrew him a bunch of times. also brazill isnt a one trick pony. he has very good hands and is a solid route runner

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I do not see WR question answered until final cuts.  IMO, Moncrief will go to PS.  I could see another WR being cut.  As to who, I wont even guess.

moncrief will be taken in 5 seconds if we put him in the PS

I agree that that is a possibility. Dude started out as a late 1st to early 2nd and we stopped his fall in the 3rd. Just something to think about.

Lots of guys fall further than the "experts" think they will But I can't recall a third rounder going to the ps

Posted · Hidden by Nadine, May 24, 2014 - personal shot
Hidden by Nadine, May 24, 2014 - personal shot

and where did you get that ranking

Alright Mr. I get my knowlege from fantasy football.. Clearly says "Tannehill strongest arm in the draft"... Now stop straining your brain cells by trying to prove jvan1973 and I wrong.. So if you please sit down and shut the love up!!! Thank you for your incompetence

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/04/13/russ-lande-tannehill-has-strongest-arm-in-2012-draft/

I do not see WR question answered until final cuts.  IMO, Moncrief will go to PS.  I could see another WR being cut.  As to who, I wont even guess.

not a chance that happens unless you want to give him away

The real question is do you realize TY Hilton is more an exception to the rule than the norm? That  most WR's don't take the league by storm it takes time to develop them usually they really get going year 3 that is why I keep saying I think Brazil will make a huge leap this year.

Absolutely I do and I have also stated, numerous times, the TY is an exceptional player. However, I think people are over-valuing him. He's a skill-position player that can be replaced. TY replaced one of the top-10 WR of all time, in my opinion, last year and you don't think someone can step in and fill in for TY? I've stated since we drafted Brazill that I think he will end up being the better receiver of the two. he just hasn't got the time that TY has yet.

Then to compare trading Manning to trading TY is even more ridiculous Manning was 36 and coming off of neck surgery jis careere was in jeopardy and we had Luck coming and we knew it. TY is perfectly healthy and has his best years ahead. I am glad Grigs is in charge.

Knowing Luck was going to be the Colts pick is even more of a reason to try and get something for Manning. If Manning had felt his career was seriously in jeopardy he would have retired during his going away speech. There were some very QB needy teams out there that would have given A LOT to have Manning. I do admire Irsay though for just cutting Manning, so Manning could chose the team he wanted to go instead of the highest bidder.

I don't see how any who watches football and understands player development could think that trading TY is a good idea. We have no idea what Moncrief can do and have seen very little from Rogers. I realize you are talking about next year yes when both will essentially be second year players. I guess if they both leap frog the WR's in front of them and get a lot of playing time and prove they can be...... come on  

Its called business. He's a WR, not a franchise LT or QB. He's absolutely expendable if the price is right, as there are a handful of guys waiting to get that spot/chance.

Again, pardon my original post that said "...believe will happen". I think these things COULD happen if the other WR's handle their own. Again, is it likely that it will happen? Probably not, but anything is possible.

The real question is do you realize TY Hilton is more an exception to the rule than the norm? That  most WR's don't take the league by storm it takes time to develop them usually they really get going year 3 that is why I keep saying I think Brazil will make a huge leap this year.

Absolutely I do and I have also stated, numerous times, the TY is an exceptional player. However, I think people are over-valuing him. He's a skill-position player that can be replaced. TY replaced one of the top-10 WR of all time, in my opinion, last year and you don't think someone can step in and fill in for TY? I've stated since we drafted Brazill that I think he will end up being the better receiver of the two. he just hasn't got the time that TY has yet.

Then to compare trading Manning to trading TY is even more ridiculous Manning was 36 and coming off of neck surgery jis careere was in jeopardy and we had Luck coming and we knew it. TY is perfectly healthy and has his best years ahead. I am glad Grigs is in charge.

Knowing Luck was going to be the Colts pick is even more of a reason to try and get something for Manning. If Manning had felt his career was seriously in jeopardy he would have retired during his going away speech. There were some very QB needy teams out there that would have given A LOT to have Manning. I do admire Irsay though for just cutting Manning, so Manning could chose the team he wanted to go instead of the highest bidder.

I don't see how any who watches football and understands player development could think that trading TY is a good idea. We have no idea what Moncrief can do and have seen very little from Rogers. I realize you are talking about next year yes when both will essentially be second year players. I guess if they both leap frog the WR's in front of them and get a lot of playing time and prove they can be...... come on  

Its called business. He's a WR, not a franchise LT or QB. He's absolutely expendable if the price is right, as there are a handful of guys waiting to get that spot/chance.

Again, pardon my original post that said "...believe will happen". I think these things COULD happen if the other WR's handle their own. Again, is it likely that it will happen? Probably not, but anything is possible.

Lots of things could happen you said you believed they will happen now you want to back track. If you think anyone could have done what TY has done in the last two years you are wrong he is a special player they don't come along every day.  I am done with this let's just see where TY is in 2015

Posted · Hidden by Nadine, May 24, 2014 - quoted removed post
Hidden by Nadine, May 24, 2014 - quoted removed post

Alright Mr. I get my knowlege from fantasy football.. Clearly says "Tannehill strongest arm in the draft"... Now stop straining your brain cells by trying to prove jvan1973 and I wrong.. So if you please sit down and shut the love up!!! Thank you for your incompetence

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/04/13/russ-lande-tannehill-has-strongest-arm-in-2012-draft/

haha thats your proof a stupid draft analysis article, do you have any idea how many times those things are wrong. you have nothing that talks about his arm in the nfl and I referred to fantasy fooball because I watched dolphin games where tannerhill underthrew wallace a bunch of times

haha thats your proof a stupid draft analysis article, do you have any idea how many times those things are wrong. you have nothing that talks about his arm in the nfl and I referred to fantasy fooball because I watched dolphin games where tannerhill underthrew wallace a bunch of times

Your also not very smart either!!!!

This has turned into an interesting discussion here. Do you keep the more reliable chain mover or the big play threat? Its all a matter of opinion I guess. Personally id take the big play, if it was the same choice between 2 would be starters id choose the reliable outlet. But to me, I see this situation kinda like having a 6th man in Bball, that can come in and hit the 3's and change the entire game. Brazil can come in and take it the distance on any given play, Whalen simply cannot.

How many reps do we expect from the 5th/6th wr on the depth chart. 5 plays give or take a game? Brazil can do much more damage in those 5 plays then Whalen can.

As you see I proved you wrong but being the "smart guy"'you are, you just have to find away come out on top... Well young lady for your information, I would love to inform you that there were about 10 other pages just like this one, all of them are praising him for his arm strength... Now you can go back and see that your fantasy football points must mean Tannehill throws like a girl, or you can accept that fantasy points have nothing to do with how far a man can throw a ball..... By the way it's spelled fooTball not fooball come on man pick up a book or something, because your intelligence is plummeting....

As you see I proved you wrong but being the "smart guy"'you are, you just have to find away come out on top... Well young lady for your information, I would love to inform you that there were about 10 other pages just like this one, all of them are praising him for his arm strength... Now you can go back and see that your fantasy football points must mean Tannehill throws like a girl, or you can accept that fantasy points have nothing to do with how far a man can throw a ball..... By the way it's spelled fooTball not fooball come on man pick up a book or something, because your intelligence is plummeting....

first off im a guy, second you must be 12 at most with that attitude, third what threads would that be

smarter then a newbie

Hahahaha yep I'm a newbie... Yet I know more about football and the colts than you!!! You have over 7000 posts and I just cracked the 20s... yet I am proving you wrong left and right!!!! Pathetic absolutely pathetic....

every analyst agrees tannenhill has a big arm

every analyst agrees tannenhill has a big arm

Thank you!!!! As you see we are dealing with the dumbest genious I have ever met... And his name is coltsrule91

Hahahaha yep I'm a newbie... Yet I know more about football and the colts than you!!! You have over 7000 posts and I just cracked the 20s... yet I am proving you wrong left and right!!!! Pathetic absolutely pathetic....

what ever makes you sleep well at night

first off im a guy, second you must be 12 at most with that attitude, third what threads would that be

Hahah could have fooled me, calling me 12 is just another insult to you... If I was 12 and you are still being proven me wrong that's even sadder!!

Hahah could have fooled me, calling me 12 is just another insult to you... If I was 12 and you are still being proven me wrong that's even sadder!!

you have proved nothing

congrats 12 year old. you're still proving nothing. you have no game proof at all.

haha I'm 23 bro!!! And here's your proof

At 1:00 min that was a

you wanna see a deep pass, go watch luck to hilton

At 1:00 min that was a 60 yard bomb but your right the guy throws like a girl...