Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

The Outlook

JonathanShreves

I know that the Colts first priority is to get those players who they wish to resign under contract. I also know that they are going to give big money to Peyton Manning with this new deal. However, I look at this team and I get a little worried. When I look at the offense I see kind of a mess at O-line. A patchwork receiving corp. Running back who have been extremely underwhelming, and the Peyton Manning who will probably miss a good amount of the preseason, if not more, due to injury. When I look at the defense, I see the same old story. Small and fast. But that also translates into undersized, over-matched, and lacking physicality especially in run defense. Is it time that the Colts bring in some quality veteran help? Is that even an option? I love the Colts and will cheer for them every week. I hope I'm wrong and they have a great year, but I'm just worried.

stop worrying..its not as bad as it seems, BUUTTTT if we wanna be super bowl bound were gonna have 2 do more..hopefully this moss stuff has some legs..wayne, moss, collie, clark..sickness!!!

At this point, the Colts have laid an egg on defense imho. It's up to the offense (again). They did bring in some interesting talent at special teams, notably David Gilreath, but the offense will have to step it up big, regardless. I know there's still free agency time left, but at this point, things aren't looking good for the defense. We've lost Clint Session and Daniel Muir.

Yes, bring Moss in. I want to see a 4-WR set, with Clark sometimes lined up at WR (not unusual for him). We need to keep up the quick passing scheme. Yes, we have Costanzo, but it doesn't change the fact he's a rookie straight out of a lockout. Moss will give us a deep threat while relieving our injury plagued WR's in Gonzalez and Collie.