Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Indianapolis Colts Mock Draft w/1 trade

I was thinking about if we should trade up, down or not at all, and I think we should trade our 5th round pick for New England's 6th rounder from Philly and their 7th round pick

Here's the mock draft I made out of it.

2nd round pick #59: Marcus Smith OLB

3rd Round pick #90: Stanley Jean-Baptiste CB

Colts trade pick #166 for picks #198 and #244

6th Round Pick #198: Cody Hoffman WR

6th Round Pick #203: Tre Boston FS

7th Round Pick #232: Michael Schofield OT/OG

7th Round Pick #244: DeAndre Coleman DT

Nothing Flashy, but I did the draft this way because I thought it was realistic and the best way to gain an extra pick without sacrificing our top two picks or giving away next year's picks. The goal is to hit on the top two players in the second and third rounds, and hit on at least one of the 6th or 7th round picks. Any comments and feedback are appreciated!

G.M.'s always nit pick small things and apparently Coleman has a hearing impairment in one ear, which could knock him down a bit. I don't think he'll be there in the 7th but he should be there in the 5th.

And I'm no longer a fan of SJB as a CB. Most teams are talking to him about playing safety, and he might not even be that great at Safety. I'd take a lot of guys over him in the 3rd, even a O-Lineman

Jared.....

I realize those simulator draft websites are fun to play,  but they don't know how to evaluate and judge talent.

Of the guys you have us taking late,  only Hoffman is likely to be there....

The other three should be gone before the 6th round.

It's very rare that trading a 5 for a 6 and 7 is a good idea.

I realize trading down is an interesting and perhaps appealing idea....   I believe I'm the one who first floated it....    but at some point,  it's no longer a good idea...   and trading a 5 for a 6 and 7 is that point.