Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Marcus Martin Vs Louis Nix

Martin is a solid pass blocker...Not great...He is not a mauler, He had one play where he showed it at 1:51....Other then that he is not consistent at it

I wouldn't call him a Mauler either, but there is usually 1 or 2 "Maulers" in each draft and they are 1st rounders. He is a solid, solid blocker, he DOES NOT get pushed back....but, I watched some more tapes and he has problems with stunts. Other than that....If he is there in the 3rd, grab him

I just watched a bunch of tape on David Yankey and Dion Bailey too. I'm pretty high on them. My Best Safties list so far, based on play,  including Dix is Lamarcus Jouyner, Jimmy Ward and Dion Bailey. Everyone else is hyped.

Lol, that injured Holmes vs Star in 2012 was pretty bad. I think that why he dropped on many peoples board.

That's cause he rushed back and wasn't nearly recovered from that high ankle sprain. Think he tried to come back in like 2 weeks which is almost impossible to do and be effective. He played ok the second half of that 2012 game though, the first half was pretty bad though. I credit his toughness though

Nix was not even at 60% in that game. I am sure Martin is great. Just don't see us taking a C in 2 years in a row. Holmes is our C this year. They haven't even brought in anyone to challenge him. Costa was to push and be a 3 position back up.