Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Rams interested in Manziel, whoa, wait a minute Mr. Smokescreen

Yup....   well put Chad....

I think this is a HUGE smokescreen!

You'd take a QB that not everyone agrees is even a 1st round draft pick over three franchise left tackles...   or a franchise wide receiver in Watkins...   or a high impact stud OLB in Mack?!?

Seriously?

Oh!    No!    You!    Wouldn't!!!!

But thanks for blowing smoke our way!

Yup.... well put Chad....

I think this is a HUGE smokescreen!

You'd take a QB that not everyone agrees is even a 1st round draft pick over three franchise left tackles... or a franchise wide receiver in Watkins... or a high impact stud OLB in Mack?!?

Seriously?

Oh! No! You! Wouldn't!!!!

But thanks for blowing smoke our way!

Not to mention that they're current QB costs like $15M against the cap and they can't realistically get rid of him.

I can believe it. They never said taking him at #2

Rams trade back with a team that wants Mack, Robinson, Watkins whoever that team loves at #2

Then take Manziel with the trade back and additional picks they pick up.

Rams had this formula for two years now and it served them well so far

Not to mention that they're current QB costs like $15M against the cap and they can't realistically get rid of him.

Bradford is due more than $14 million in base salary next season, and the Rams could save $10.4 million by cutting him (with about $7 million in dead money spread out over next two seasons).

http://nfl.si.com/2014/02/17/sam-bradford-extension-st-louis-rams/

I think the Rams are still kicking themselves for not trading Bradford the last time they had the #2 pick. Not only the money they would save but improvement at the signal caller position. Do they really want to make the same mistake twice?? The only issue is Bradford isn't worth as much now as he would have been a couple years ago. Now with his track record I'm not sure anybody would give up a first rounder for him like they could have got then. They could believe that Manziel may be there for their pick in the teens though...that is a long shot but certainly a shot. The other option may be to swap picks to with someone say around 7-10 and give up their other first rounder and Bradford to get him. Whatever the case I'm not sold on Bradford...nor Manziel...so I understand but I don't lol. Personally I use my second round pick to find someone to push Bradford like Meckleburger or Garopolo or one of those guys. Don't see a dominant franchise qb in this draft.

If Manziel plays 16 games it is an upgrade over Bradford who can't dodge the injury bug for nothing

I agree, I've been saying they need to hedge their bets on Bradford. This is the perfect year to do it. They might not have the #2 pick in a long time and it's a bonus pick, because it's not even their pick.

QB > Any other position in all of sports. Of all teams, you would think on a Colt board people would understand this. 

St. Louis is a perfect spot for him too. In a dome, in a mostly warm weather division where cold and snow (limiting his mobility) really won't be an issue. 

St. Louis is a perfect spot for him too. In a dome, in a mostly warm weather division where cold and snow (limiting his mobility) really won't be an issue. 

On the flip side, pass rushers' footing on indoor turf is better too, giving them perfect conditions to get after Manziel. He is best served going to an outdoors stadium and my anticipation is that he will end up with the Browns possibly.