Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Question of the Day - 03/25 "Owners Meetings Twosday Twofer"

sb41champs

:blueshoe:   ENJOY TWODAYS TWOSDAY TWOFER:

:blueshoe:   1.  The Indianapolis Colts have suggested a new NFL rule which would allow a team with a retractable roof to open the roof at halftime.  The current rule is that the decision to open the roof must occur 90 minutes before kickoff - and - the decision is applicable to the entire game.

While this proposal has been tabled until the May owners meeting - Do you think this proposal should be adopted - and - why ??

:blueshoe:   2.  Not surprizingly - Jim Irsay's recent legal issues were fodder for the media.  Multiple attendees were questioned by various media members regarding whether or not Irsay should face punishment for violation of the leagues "personal conduct policy". 

One media member even went so far to suggest that every member of the "NFL community" should be held to the same standards as the players when it comes to drug testing.

Putting aside our obvious regard for the Colts owner & his current situation - do you think all members of the off-field "NFL Community" - including owners - should be subject to the same random drug testing that the players are subject to ??

1. I don't see a problem with the proposal although at the same time I don't know that it would change anything.  Essentially you are deciding to close a roof, but then 3 hours later for some odd reason change your mind?  

I suppose it would only occur if there where a radical weather change of some sort.  

2. Not that it would be a horrible thing to do, but I think it seems pointless to drug test coaches, owners and front office staff.  They are not on the field and the drugs are not going to make their teams better.

That having been said the current drug policy for the players punishes them for using drugs that don't really enhance their performance either.  The most common violation seems to be weed and I don't think that smoking weed would make a person a better player or give them an advantage.  

1. No that seems ridiculously pointless. Let people be able to at least somewhat game plan for the conditions. I'm surprised it's only 90 minutes before kickoff. It should be a day before kickoff just in case players/coaches want to game plan specifically for the conditions. Plus how many teams even have retractable roofs? Off the top I can only think of us and the Cowboys.

2. I'm more in line with making them subject to the same "3 Strikes" policy that the players have to adhere to. Not sure what you would get with urine testing random Owners and G.M.s who are probably too rich and too busy to be doing the stupid stuff that young players in the league do. I mean if you're an NFL team owner and you're doing coke, you have too much free time on your hands when you shouldn't.