Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Michael Bennett re-signs with Seahawks at discount rate

chad72

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/seahawks/2014/03/10/michael-bennett-re-signs-seattle-martellus-bennett-bears/6263837/

He says the 12th man is the biggest reason.

I don't know. He was a non-factor his first 3 years with the Bucs. Then, he took off during his contract year and the single year he played for the Seahawks. Something just clicked inside that man's head and his on the field performance has been outstanding. Kudos to Seahawks for noticing it and signing him to a 1 year deal leading to a SB.

You do wonder - a lot of these low rung teams that keep losing despite high and good draft pick talent, some of those players just need a chance to shine on a winning team. Browns have had a lot of talent over the years, so have the Raiders. Those guys go on to other teams and then, they are able to show what they truly have.

Michael Bennet's not a great player.......he's worth more to Seattle than he is to others....

I don't think he is a great player either. I think he is a beneficiary of the depth of the Seahawks DL, big time.

If they let go Clemons, which is very likely due to salary cap reasons now that they signed Bennett, and they have already let Red Bryant go, now their DL goes from 8 deep to 6 deep in top notch quality, they might look a tad mortal. But then, they still have Cliff Avril in the bank.

Cliff Avril and Percy Harvin were the surprise factors in SB 48, IMO. If one probably had more film on their tendencies over the course of the year, chances are, you could have prepared a bit more for it as an OL unit. Speed kills, whether at WR or pass rusher. :)