Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Joe Montana - "Titles don't define quarterbacks."

Fx Stryker

He was part of the team, but the starting QB gets the record.

And in the case of Brady, you can say the same about Johnny in Super Bowl V. He left middle of the second.

I'm not taking away from Johnny because I love him, but as a starter he is 2-1 and 1-0.

We will agree we love Unitas but disagree on the other. I just believe all rostered players get credit for a win or loss. Trust me, I would love to expunge Super Bowl 3 off Johnny's record. He at least led them to the one touchdown in that game. As you know, he had that critical , wacky touchdown pass to Mackey in Super Bowl 5.

Thanks for the Manning props Old Crow. I appreciate that. Regarding Elway, it's cool you can have disdain for John if you want to, but John & Pat Bowlen have spent the money to give 18 a great offense line & numerous weapons to throw to or hand the ball off to. 

My point is this: John Elway has been an exceptional front office executive giving Peyton & company whatever he needs to secure this:  :lombardi:  

For that reason, SW1 will always be grateful to #7 forever. [No a slam against Jim Irsay BTW who was also a great owner minus the twitter foolishness that is.]

As you know, I have the greatest respect for Manning. You can't help but like the guy, class all the way. One of the greatest a QB's of all time. He confirmed who I thought he was when he personally congratulated Ray Lewis in the locker room last year, after what had to be a brutal loss. That is the kind of guy he is, and that's why I respect him, and would be happy for him if Denver wins.

Regarding John Elway, I understand why Bronco fans hold him in high regard. As a front office guy , props on putting this team together and getting Manning.

Now from my point of view , Elway is the anti-Manning. Elway put the final nail in the coffin of the Baltimore Colts with his selfish antics. He refused his drafting position by the Colts, was arrogant, demanded a trade , and used of all people, hated Yankees owner George Steinbrenner as leverage. You had to see the arrogance of this guy and his father during those press conferences , it was unbelievable. Peyton was also drafted by a bad Colts team like Elway. Unlike his whining brother Eli, who I have no respect for, Peyton understands NFL history , how the draft works, it's fairness , and how important it is for a player to go where he was drafted. That is what makes the NFL balanced, and a great league. But Elway and his father only thought about themselves and not the league, or the city or organization they were strong-arming. I just can't respect him because of what he did.

I'll say this, he's been a thorn in the side of the Irsay family. Irsay trades or releases have directly led to all six Bronco Super Bowl appearances. Let's hope Luck isn't heading to Denver in the future !