Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Texans open to trading no. 1 pick.

Indyfan4life

All about how much they would be able to get for their pick, and what they think they would be able to get at the position they would be picking at instead.

Maybe they're not that sold on any of the prospects, that they would spend a #1 overall pick, so maybe pick a little later in the first round and have another couple of good picks this year and next year.

Imagine if the Vikngs wanted the #1 pick to get their hands on the QB that they really want and is willing the fork over their 1st rounder and next years + whatever.. Texans would still be picking @ #8 in the first round and would still be able to grab a top prospect. I think a trade like that would make a lot of sense if you're not sold on any one of the prospects as a legitimate #1 overall pick.

Imagine being 49'ers and paying what they did to land RGIII. Anyone here that wouldn't make that trade? St. Louis made the right call in trading their pick if you ask me. The real steal of that year was Russell Wilson in the 3rd round (#75).

Don't get caught up in picking early - If the price another team is willing to pay is good enough, just get it done.

Idk if the Texans are sold on Bridgewater like they are Clowney but since QB is the bigger need they'll take Bridgewater. Clowney is the #1 prospect in the draft with Matthews and Barr right behind him, Bridgewater is the 4th or 5th prospect on most boards. I think Manziel goes to the Vikings in the 1st and Bortles to the Browns in the 1st round. The Jags will probably go Clowney then QB in the 2nd.

Gawd!...I hope they do take Teddy Bilgewater!  That will pretty much ensure that the Colts will continue to beat them like a rented mule for years to come!

"Sure you can have the pick if you want.....it's only gonna cost you 4 future 1st rounder."

That's the only way I can see them trading this pick. I doubt there is a team going to mortgage their future for a QB after seeing how the Skins collapsed.

Dan Snyder is interested in that deal.

Like I said every year the team with the 1st pick says we are open to trading out of it but its not likely it's just something that's always said

Every team probably is open to trading at the right price.  It just doesn't happen because no one is willing to give up what the seller's asking for.