Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Why does ESPN hate us!?

MakeItWayne

This may seem silly, but i was just watching SportsCenter and they were about to do a segment on the final AFC playoff spot. In the open for it they showed highlights of all the other AFC playoff teams that were already in besides us! And the Chiefs highlight was Charles' TD run against us last week! Man its like they go out of their way to disrespect us or write us off. I know its not a big deal but COME ON MAN!

Why does it matter whether the media likes us or not?

:scratch:

This may seem silly, but i was just watching SportsCenter and they were about to do a segment on the final AFC playoff spot. In the open for it they showed highlights of all the other AFC playoff teams that were already in besides us! And the Chiefs highlight was Charles' TD run against us last week! Man its like they go out of their way to disrespect us or write us off. I know its not a big deal but COME ON MAN!

look at it this way....

Espn and NFL network (and some colts fans) all had the colts winning 5 or less games this year.

ESPN, NFL Network (and some colts fans) had us losing to the big 4 (SF, Denver, Seattle, KC)

ESPN, NFL Network (and some colts fans) had us losing most of the games in the second half after the injury to reggie wayne

in the end all was wrong. we have become the most underrated, flying under the radar, not taken seriously type of team. and to be honest especially with the way the colts have been playing these last couple weeks, on offense and defense? The colts could be the scariest team to face come playoff time. that is if Arizona dont make the playoffs because lets be honest that team is scary good especially on that defense. 

so let them disrespect the colts all they want. because in the end the colts get the last laugh and make all of these so called " experts " look like *s. 

They don't "hate us" at all.....    not even a little bit.

You've got some editor who is cutting the hi-lites....   sometimes with a producer, sometimes without.

Charles plays for KC...  the Chiefs are going to the playoffs.    So, they used a nice play that they likely had a very good camera angle on....

Don't read too much into stuff like that....   really....   it'll drive you crazy if you over-think things....

No one's trying to mess with Indy.....   they liked us when Peyton was here....   now they like us with Andrew....

No worries....     it's all good!

And I say that as someone with 30 years in media,  including 25 in TV News....

Really......    we're good!      :thmup:

well that will be a breath of fresh air around here for the paranoid "they hate us"

That's why I don't watch ESPN...

I don't watch ESPN either but not for the reason one would think. I'd just rather be doing something else. BUT if I did watch I am able to watch with the filters on.

If everyone used the common sense filter there would be no hate. Not to mention the media IS a business with different motives than fans.