Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Denvers MHR , what they were critical about yesterday, & worried about going forward

bayone

This is 1 section of a larger article on varied topics

What I didn't like

Jack Del Rio re-inserting Bolden in the game and playing soft zone.  Cost us a touchdown.

Omar Bolden getting lost in zone coverage and giving up our only touchdown.  The only acceptable use for him on defense is as a blitzer.  LEAVE HIM OUT OF THE GAME, DUKE IS BETTER

Look, about this zone thing.  Every week one of our players FF%&%*% up their assignment, either because they don't understand, or can't adjust on the fly.  Every week it costs us points or a big play.  KNOCK IT OFF DEL RIO.

For that matter, what's with all the blitzing?  It worked a couple of times, but for the most part ended up vacating areas that left receivers wide open.  There's no need for that when you front is bringing the pressure.

Trindon Holliday muffing another punt.  If I were the Broncos, I'd seriously think about cutting him at this point.  He has brought absolutely nothing to the table as far as returns since early in the season and has not business being back there.  I'll take sure hands and 5 yards everytime over a potential TD OR more likely fumble.

What was with all the penalties OL?  I mean, I can understand holding, tough front.  But false starts and lazy penalties that cost us yardage?  Sooooo undisciplined.

The Broncos got pass happy (understandably so given their success) but forgot about the running game that was doing well.  Texans started teeing off and blitzing knocking Manning on his butt several times.  Once they got back to it---shock, WE MOVED THE BALL, AND THE PASS STARTED WORKING AGAIN!!!

http://www.milehighreport.com/2013/12/22/5236412/records-galore-in-broncos-victory-over-texans-instant-reactions