Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Pete Prisco On Lacy, Exactly What We All Have Been Saying

bayone

. The Chiefs got their passing game going against the Colts and the player they picked on was corner Jacob Lacey.Dwayne Bowe did a number on him, including beating him for an acrobatic touchdown catch. Lacey was lucky Matt Cassel missed another throw when Bowe ran a slant and go and was wide open. Lacey has to play better or teams will attack him all season long.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/story/15730060/after-further-review-exciting-excruciating-tebow-gets-his-shot

Did anyone see the 18 to 88 article defending Lacey? Did anybody hear Bethea say "that was my fault" during the SoundFx segment after one of those big plays?

"I expected to give Lacey an F for this game just based on my impressions at the game, but after looking at the tape, I think it was more of a B day against a guy who made some A+++ plays."

"Lacey's not a great corner by any means, but neither is he the train wreck that fans (myself very much included) thought he was."

http://18to88.com/20...the-letter.html

Personally most of my perception of Lacey in the KC game came from the announcers endlessly calling his name on reception after reception. Now I'm not so sure that he was as bad as it seemed. Clearly there are problems at CB, but the implication that our all-pro back there didn't play like one is more disturbing.

Edited by MAC

Did anyone see the 18 to 88 article defending Lacey? Did anybody hear Bethea say "that was my fault" during the SoundFx segment after one of those big plays?

"I expected to give Lacey an F for this game just based on my impressions at the game, but after looking at the tape, I think it was more of a B day against a guy who made some A+++ plays."

"Lacey's not a great corner by any means, but neither is he the train wreck that fans (myself very much included) thought he was."

http://18to88.com/20...the-letter.html

Personally most of my perception of Lacey in the KC game came from the announcers endlessly calling his name on reception after reception. Now I'm not so sure that he was as bad as it seemed. Clearly there are problems at CB, but the implication that our all-pro back there didn't play like one is more disturbing.

Overall there is a reason each game he seems to be picked on & his name called by announcers

Edited by bayone

I know, he's not a starter, but he has played well at times in the past. I'm just clinging to hope here.

Well....let's see what happens Sunday against rookie QB Andy Dalton throwing to rookie WR A.J. Green

I hope he has a good game and keeps playing good, because the next several weeks bring people like Marques Colston and Roddy White his way.

Yikes

Well....let's see what happens Sunday against rookie QB Andy Dalton throwing to rookie WR A.J. Green

I hope he has a good game and keeps playing good, because the next several weeks bring people like Marques Colston and Roddy White his way.

Yikes

I never can understand why he ever guards the other teams best receiver, powered is a much better corner, and always should be playing the other guys best receiver.

I'm not trying to defend lacey but the scheme doesn't help him either, when you are told to constantly play 10 yards off of the receiver, you are being set up to fail.

I use to defend lacey but the fact that lacey gets beat on alot of plays shows up alot... now there are some mistakes where its just not his fault... i remember in the bucs game where he jammed a receiver to the inside where if conner had been in his right position he would have gotten a pick... but conner wasnt and the receiver got the ball for a completion making lacey look like the problem but it was actually conner.