Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Bored Today...random Observation

IndySouth

Looking over the Cots depth chart today (for no particular reason) and noticed something funny/ironic.

# Name

5 Collins, Kerry

6 Orlovsky, Dan

7 Painter, Curtis

Obviously, those are the three quarterbacks we're leaning on this season with Manning sidelined. Quick addition of their jersey numbers (5+6+7) gives you 18. Maybe the coaching staff was confused when told that we would have replace #18. ;)

Like I said, I was bored!

speaking of, I haven't been paying close attention but is Painter pretty much the starter from here on?

Apparently, Caldwell alluded to that in a recent interview. Didn't catch the interview, personally, but heard a local radio station discussing it. Said Caldwell had stated that "Painter has played his way into the starting position." Personally, I tend to agree with that assessment.

Looking over the Cots depth chart today (for no particular reason) and noticed something funny/ironic.

# Name

5 Collins, Kerry

6 Orlovsky, Dan

7 Painter, Curtis

Obviously, those are the three quarterbacks we're leaning on this season with Manning sidelined. Quick addition of their jersey numbers (5+6+7) gives you 18. Maybe the coaching staff was confused when told that we would have replace #18. ;)

Like I said, I was bored!

You are a master of numbers, I-South.

Is Kerry Collins even going to be active for Sunday. He got hit worse than I thought. ?

You are a master of numbers, I-South.

Is Kerry Collins even going to be active for Sunday. He got hit worse than I thought. ?

Haven't heard if he'll suit up but he's been a limited participant in practice this week. He'll probably be on the sidelines but I would be surprised if they dressed him for this game. If you're the Colts and you're standing behind the decision to bring Collins in to begin with, how embarrassing would it be to have him suited up on the bench playing behind the guy you already had? They would certainly look foolish but maybe we're all past that by now.

Posted (edited) · Hidden by Nadine, October 15, 2011 - banned poster and Luck reference
Hidden by Nadine, October 15, 2011 - banned poster and Luck reference

How about Painter + Collins....5+7=12...Andrew Luck's number. lol yep his name is coming to this thread too

Well played sir! Not to mention, we'll probably cut both of those guys if we land Luck. Gotta keep the numbers balanced!

Edited by IndySouth

I'm always worried now that Painter will get knocked out..

But Orlovsky isnt a rookie...He could fill in an emergency...

If that happens, we'll have to bring Taj Smith back as well. Seems like he was the only one Dan could hit on a consistent basis!

Well played sir! Not to mention, we'll probably cut both of those guys if we land Luck. Gotta keep the numbers balanced!

Plus, cutting Painter and Collins would leave Orlovsky and Luck (12+6), thus maintaining the cosmic quarterback equation that always equals 18.

Posted · Hidden by Nadine, October 14, 2011 - andrew luck reference
Hidden by Nadine, October 14, 2011 - andrew luck reference

Further research reveals even more suspicious coincidences. In binary, their numbers are 101,110,111. Which just happens to be the number of posts referencing Andrew Luck on this site since the opening day loss.

speaking of, I haven't been paying close attention but is Painter pretty much the starter from here on?

It should of been Painter from the start.It was his job to begin with,kinda disrespectful to hire Collins over him.Of course this is the same management that threw away a perfect season.