Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Manning's Best Core of Receivers Ever?

atapcl

No offense to past Colts, but the receiving corps,   not core,  currently  in Denver is the best Manning has ever had.

I see where you are going but . . . it depends on how it is used in the sentence . . . core and corps would work . . . "core" being a key portion of the overall supply (that is the key (core) WRs of the WRs on the team) . .. "corps" being a word describing a group of people . . . (that is the wrs corps) . . . . 

So it would be "is this the best wr corps he has had" . . . or "is this the best core of WRs he has had", the former describing all of his WRs on the team, the latter only referencing the key WRs on the team, which I think is what he was driving at . . . I don't think he was comparing the 5th and 6th Wrs on the respective teams but the marquee ones . . .

As a side note I always get things backwards, like "their and there", and so on . . . . :cheer:

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think time will tell where the best WRs Peyton has had  . . . the 2004 team was stacked but then again Wayne and Clark were early in their career  . . . if we looked at the wrs in their primes it might  change the debate as opposed to what they were in a given year . . . I think the 2004 wrs and tes was likely his strongest on the colts team imo . . . I think we need to see more than 4 games out of this crew before we can make a more informed decision . . .

Just my humble opinion...no. Marvin, Reggie, Stokely, Clark and Edge coming out of he backfield was his best group of offensive talent. He has a better OL no doubt. The offense is different too....its much more high paced than what he did back then...Peyton has advanced..and so has the offense he is running....rules have changed...but that group was more talented....Stokely in his prime for a season or two was every bit the receiver Decker or Welker....maybe not for his whole career but for a season or two in his prime he was the Wes Welker of slot receivers. I just have to say...regardless...imo the three amigos Jackson, Johnson, and Nattiel will be the greatest trio in Denver. lol

Oh...and by the way...can it just be that PEYTON IS BETTER THAN EVER???

I will say...we haven't seen the Trindon Holliday package yet either now...Peyton definately has more depth...but to me Reggie and Marvin were better than anyone he has right now...but top to bottom he isn't hurting for play makers. If he had an Edge in the back field....considering how easy it has been for Moreno and co. wow.

I do not agree with you. Clark was not a factor when Stokely was with the team. Julius Thomas is a factor. I also think those big rugged receivers are better than Harrison and Wayne when this group played together.

Edited by Superman