Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Shocker to me was zero sacks for Bears vs Bengals' stout front

chad72

I don't know about you guys but the Bears' O-line did a phenomenal job vs the Bengals' stout defensive front, IMO.

I did not expect that. The Bears will challenge the Packers this year down to the wire, IMO since I believe Cutler can stay healthy this year.

I did not know that on top of getting Bushrod from the Saints, they also got a value addition in Matt Slauson, someone I wanted the Colts to get.

Good for Da Bears!!! :)

Kyle friggin' Long.

The rookie who was a punchline to a joke because of how overdrafted the draftniks thought he was, just shut out one of the best defenders in the league in Geno Atkins.

Blanked him.

Easily the best rookie performance I saw yesterday. That dude had All-pro caliber athleticism coming out, and now that he's developing, he's going to be a force. The reports following the draft were that we were going to draft him regardless of who was left if he was available at 24, and I can see why.

Kyle friggin' Long.

The rookie who was a punchline to a joke because of how overdrafted the draftniks thought he was, just shut out one of the best defenders in the league in Geno Atkins.

Blanked him.

Easily the best rookie performance I saw yesterday. That dude had All-pro caliber athleticism coming out, and now that he's developing, he's going to be a force. The reports following the draft were that we were going to draft him regardless of who was left if he was available at 24, and I can see why.

Add Jordan Mills at right tackle to that. Here is an article that illustrates how well those rookie OL did in key moments:

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/football/bears/ct-spt-0909-bears-o-line-20130909,0,3766527.story

Let us see if they can go from laughing stock to solid trench warriors by keeping it up.