Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Starting O Line Looked Good

Smonroe

You had a much better view than those of us watching on TV. I'd be interested to know how he graded out.

Kyle Rodriguiz from Colts Authority said Setale and MCGlynn both graded a -1.0 according to PFF. He said every other O linemen graded positive. I'm not sure if he meant starters only.

Had to be starters....most of the backups like Ziemba we negatives 'eye-watch.'  I am sure Austin was as well.  I just felt he looked comfortable at center even though he was just picked up.  We need someone if Holmes does not get some reps soon.

I agree with Rodriguez on the two negatives even though neither Satele or Mclynn were not terrible.  They both did whiff on blocks.

Can anyone explain those grades?  Is there some sort of grading system where the player is given a number grade for every single play (positive # for a good play and a negative # for a bad play), and they just sum up the numbers at the end of the game?  People throw those grades around, but all I've gleaned is that a positive # is good, and a negative one is bad...

Here is their explanation ... https://www.profootballfocus.com/about/grading/

Interesting.  I'd love to know how their grades compare to the teams. 

Like Brent said, the 'eye-watch' tells us the big picture.  We may not know their assignments, but we can get a pretty good idea how they did on the negative plays.

For example, last year it was easy to grade Seth Olsen just by noting how many times he had to look back to see who just ran by him.  I'm surprised he didn't go on IR with whiplash.

Interesting.  I'd love to know how their grades compare to the teams. 

Like Brent said, the 'eye-watch' tells us the big picture.  We may not know their assignments, but we can get a pretty good idea how they did on the negative plays.

For example, last year it was easy to grade Seth Olsen just by noting how many times he had to look back to see who just ran by him.  I'm surprised he didn't go on IR with whiplash.

Or McGlynn checking the license plate of the truck that had him on hims 'bootie.'  :):funny:  :spit: