Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Thread of the Week

• Topics

• Great episode!  Gotta couple notes here I took:   - confirms we were indeed looking to trade up.  My gut tells me it was definitely for one of the big 3 WRs or bowers based off Ballard remark “Let’s try and if it doesn’t happen, we’ll let the draft play itself out.” (Paraphrased).     - they were interested in Latu but didn’t think he’d be there.  I don’t think anyone thought he’d be there at 15 lol.  Don’t know where Latu was at on our board but he was obviously toward the top.  Also can tell he was toward the top based on Ballard reaction “we got the best pass rusher in the entire draft”   - I’m guessing WR was definitely on the top of our board.  Ballard mentioned wanting speed at the position.  AD falling into his lap couldn’t have played out any better.  Also, good to see Reggie happy about his new toys in AD and Gould.     - No side remarks or mentions of any corners.  I’m going to stick with what I said before the draft and that corner was never on our radar.  What also makes me believe that more than ever is that we had the option to choose between the top 2 corners and even in later rounds other corners and we chose not to.  I’ve said it before, Ballard is straightforward.  If he says “I like what we have” he’s not drafting it unless there’s a player that you can’t miss on.  If he says “this draft is deep in ___” you can bet that’s what he has his eyes on and will most likely double dip.  He said he likes our corners, didn’t draft one.  He said this draft was deep in receivers and OL, we drafted 2 of each.
    • That is a very good point, and if I am not mistaken, Turner profiled more as a 3/4 OLB by many scouts.
    • I’d say yes.  Would have to see what would be fair what he provides, but id say yes.  
    • You can never have too many pass rushers - even if he is better suited at setting an edge. If he gives us 8+ sacks a year. Pay the man. We aren't going to be at the top of the draft anymore for a few years so may as well stick with the devil you know! Tongue in cheek of course on the devil comment......
  • Members

• NFLfan

NFLfan 17,441

Moderators
    • w87r

w87r 14,196

Moderators
    • Fluke_33

Fluke_33 5,081

• NewColtsFan

NewColtsFan 21,262

• Goatface Killah