Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Madden 25 Purchasing Strategy?

So I find myself in a debacle. I am going to own Madden 25 at some point this year. I'm also going to be owning a PS4 this year. I've decided to make the switch from Xbox 360 to remove myself completely from the microsoft world.

So the problem is that Madden 25 comes out later next month, but the PS4 and subsequently, Madden 25 for PS4 doesn't get released until likely end of November. Anyone else just waiting to buy M25 or do you plan on purchasing it twice because you just can't help yourself?

My tactic is very geeky, wait out till november/december for the xbox one to come out to get madden 25 and continue to play on madden 13 on the 360, but i want to have some form of updated squads so i decided to make my best estimate of the colts roster and update/create all the new players for the colts and start a new career mode with them.

Well then I'm just jealous of how much money you make.

Naw. I'm selling a ton of stuff to GameStop to help finance those purchases.

Old controllers, old games, new games, anything I can find that won't be needed on the next gen systems.

Naw. I'm selling a ton of stuff to GameStop to help finance those purchases.

Old controllers, old games, new games, anything I can find that won't be needed on the next gen systems.

Still. I traded in a bunch of games that I bought within the last year and only got like $50 for them lol. You are looking at almost $1k for both PS4 and XBOX ONE. 

Still. I traded in a bunch of games that I bought within the last year and only got like $50 for them lol. You are looking at almost $1k for both PS4 and XBOX ONE.

I traded in my PS3 already, and an old Xbox. Package that with a ton of old games and controllers, plus a 50% trade in credit GameStop had going on these past few weeks, and I've already played off all of my PS4 and half of my One lol.

I traded in my PS3 already, and an old Xbox. Package that with a ton of old games and controllers, plus a 50% trade in credit GameStop had going on these past few weeks, and I've already played off all of my PS4 and half of my One lol.

im still jealous. Since you are using the avatar I made, I think you should give me joint custody on the PS4. Deal?

• 3 weeks later...

ur first mistake is buying a PS4 instead of a XBox One.  The PS3 was supposed to be soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much better than the 360 but how did that work out?  xbox will once again dominate playstation. 

ur first mistake is buying a PS4 instead of a XBox One.  The PS3 was supposed to be soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much better than the 360 but how did that work out?  xbox will once again dominate playstation. 

Do you just like to criticize or would you care to list real reasons why Xbox ONE will be soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much better than the PS4? 

Personally...I've been through 2 Xbox 360's and on my 3rd while still having a very well functioning PS3 from when I originally purchased it, so your hate for Sony does not move me in the slightest if you are trying to convince me of it's quality.

I was considering the Xbox One, but the DRM policy really ticked me off and the fact that they reverted that policy after the massive amount of complaints just furthers my belief that Microsoft doesn't have much control or poise in what they are doing.

Add on that it's going to cost an extra $100 for the Xbox ONE...I'm willing to give the PS4 a shot first.  

Microsoft's comment to those who wish to play offline (including your service men and women over seas)...

"We have a product for that, it's called xbox 360."

While I do have always on Internet, I do not take kindly to a company that has that stance with offline gaming.  99% of my gameplay is offline franchise mode in Madden.  I get roster updates and such online, but everything else I do offline.  Having that stance towards offline gameplay is despicable.

That aside, the systems are mostly even.  Neither one is really dominating the other, and is very much the reason why I have both.  When the new ones are released, the only one I am considering, at this time, is the PS4.

Do you just like to criticize or would you care to list real reasons why Xbox ONE will be soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much better than the PS4? 

Personally...I've been through 2 Xbox 360's and on my 3rd while still having a very well functioning PS3 from when I originally purchased it, so your hate for Sony does not move me in the slightest if you are trying to convince me of it's quality.

I was considering the Xbox One, but the DRM policy really ticked me off and the fact that they reverted that policy after the massive amount of complaints just furthers my belief that Microsoft doesn't have much control or poise in what they are doing.

Add on that it's going to cost an extra $100 for the Xbox ONE...I'm willing to give the PS4 a shot first.  

actually i never said the XBox ONE will be soooooooooooooooooo much better than the PS4.  i said the PS3 was supposed to be so much better than the 360 but it obviously was not.  My reasoning is that the XBox One original games look a lot better to me than all the Japanese graphic style PS4 original games.  The PS4 is winning the media over but once they are released, i strongly feel the XBox will dominate again.  Both systems will have good graphics, internet capabilities,  and other apps but it always comes down to the games.

I 2 have been through multiple XBoxes but still have my original PS3.  I have put WAY more hours on my XBox tho.  Yes, the PS3 will last longer than an XBox BUT i still like my 360 a lot better.  also, i never mentioned any hate for Sony, you just assumed that and made yourself sound like a jerk.

To your DMR reference, sorry a policy made you mad and they listened to complaints and got rid of it..........

To the extra $100, that is the normal retail price,  they may drop the price down further on the XBox One than the PS4 on good sales days like black friday.  or maybe not... i dont really care about the extra $100.

Microsoft's comment to those who wish to play offline (including your service men and women over seas)...

"We have a product for that, it's called xbox 360."

While I do have always on Internet, I do not take kindly to a company that has that stance with offline gaming.  99% of my gameplay is offline franchise mode in Madden.  I get roster updates and such online, but everything else I do offline.  Having that stance towards offline gameplay is despicable.

That aside, the systems are mostly even.  Neither one is really dominating the other, and is very much the reason why I have both.  When the new ones are released, the only one I am considering, at this time, is the PS4.

first off, the always on policy has been trashed.  It will not be required to be online to play a game...  

I originally was the same way, i wanted a PS4.  Then i saw the games coming out for both and the more i read i realized the XBox was going to dominate again.  

Everyone complains about it not playing used games.... i think it is awesome.  My friend can buy a game and install it on his XBox One, then give me the disk and i can install it on my XBox One for $10...  sounds great.  $70 for 2 games < $120 for 2 games.

actually i never said the XBox ONE will be soooooooooooooooooo much better than the PS4.  i said the PS3 was supposed to be so much better than the 360 but it obviously was not.  My reasoning is that the XBox One original games look a lot better to me than all the Japanese graphic style PS4 original games.  The PS4 is winning the media over but once they are released, i strongly feel the XBox will dominate again.  Both systems will have good graphics, internet capabilities,  and other apps but it always comes down to the games.

I 2 have been through multiple XBoxes but still have my original PS3.  I have put WAY more hours on my XBox tho.  Yes, the PS3 will last longer than an XBox BUT i still like my 360 a lot better.  also, i never mentioned any hate for Sony, you just assumed that and made yourself sound like a jerk.

To your DMR reference, sorry a policy made you mad and they listened to complaints and got rid of it..........

To the extra $100, that is the normal retail price,  they may drop the price down further on the XBox One than the PS4 on good sales days like black friday.  or maybe not... i dont really care about the extra $100.

first off, the always on policy has been trashed.  It will not be required to be online to play a game...  

I originally was the same way, i wanted a PS4.  Then i saw the games coming out for both and the more i read i realized the XBox was going to dominate again.  

Everyone complains about it not playing used games.... i think it is awesome.  My friend can buy a game and install it on his XBox One, then give me the disk and i can install it on my XBox One for $10...  sounds great.  $70 for 2 games < $120 for 2 games.

Well that is simply it, as a consumer, you vote with your wallet.

From the sound of things, Sony has their head on straight.  MS is coming from a perceived position of power and thinking that they can dictate what people get to do.

Long story short, Nintendo used to be the biggest power house in video gaming, and before them, Atari maybe.  At this point, I'd like to think MS has the lion's share of the market.  Sony could be the next big winner.  Who knows.

For me, the only game I really play anymore is Madden.  I could care less that I can't play Halo on PS4, and for me, ALL first person shooters belong on the computer.

also, i never mentioned any hate for Sony, you just assumed that and made yourself sound like a jerk.

No, I think that title goes to the guy who jumped on a Madden 25 thread and started criticizing people for the game console they choose to use with a rather unlettered argument.

I 2 have been through multiple XBoxes but still have my original PS3.  I have put WAY more hours on my XBox tho.  Yes, the PS3 will last longer than an XBox BUT i still like my 360 a lot better.  

Kudos to you, I guess? If my car kept exploding once a year, I'd probably be looking to switch to a different manufacturer no matter how much I liked it, but hey...that's your business. 

They can't dictate ridiculous policy, make snide remarks and expect to keep every customer I suppose... 

No, I think that title goes to the guy who jumped on a Madden 25 thread and started criticizing people for the game console they choose to use with a rather unlettered argument.

Kudos to you, I guess? If my car kept exploding once a year, I'd probably be looking to switch to a different manufacturer no matter how much I liked it, but hey...that's your business. 

They can't dictate ridiculous policy, make snide remarks and expect to keep every customer I suppose... 

you are a waste of my time.