Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Food for Thought: Will the Colts' spending really help?

NewColtsFan

hahahaha!

We, had one decent o-lineman, one good d-lineman, one decent rb, 2 decent db`s, a couple decent LB`s, a one good pass rusher, and 3-4 good receivers, and a QB that made a bunch of big 4th quarter passes against BAD Teams.

A 4-5 win roster that is going to have 8 plus new starters. Sorry you missed it.

I'll be the first to admit that the Colts played above their talent level last season, but calling them a 4-5 win roster is absurd. 

I agree that we needed improvement all over the place, which is why I don't see having 7 or 8 new starters as a bad thing. We had guys playing out of position (Freeney, A. Johnson,), other guys who shouldn't have been starting (Vaughn, Zbikowski, Justice, McGlynn, etc.) Taking steps to upgrade the overall talent level on the roster is a positive. I don't know why it's being twisted into a negative. There's simply no clear-cut correlation between spending money and winning more games, either to the positive or to the negative. But if you have holes on your roster and you address those holes, how can that be a bad thing?

hahahaha!

We, had one decent o-lineman, one good d-lineman, one decent rb, 2 decent db`s, a couple decent LB`s, a one good pass rusher, and 3-4 good receivers, and a QB that made a bunch of big 4th quarter passes against BAD Teams.

A 4-5 win roster that is going to have 8 plus new starters. Sorry you missed it.

We didn't have a "4-5 win roster". Not even that terrible 2-14 season. All we needed most was a good QB. No reason we should've went 2-14 that year but it got us Andrew Luck so I fine with it.

Now, yes we did play above expectations and talent level last season. No one really expected 11 wins from the team who parted ways (most emotional time ever in colts history possibly) with their General that's been there all of his career. But we have a new general and it was 11 wins. Like Tony Gonzalez says "You are what your record says you are"

Or something like that he says haha