Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2014 Free Agents

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Taking a look at maclin/decker wouldn't be a bad idea. I like the idea that decker has been trained by manning for a couple years.

He would receive more targets here then he would in Denver.  However Manning is probably gonna want Decker back, so I just don't see him leaving Denver.  Elway will give Manning the receivers he wants.

Denver will have the cap space to offer him a good contract.  If they cut Champ they have 10 million of cap space opened up, which should be more then enough to pay Decker.  

He would receive more targets here then he would in Denver.  However Manning is probably gonna want Decker back, so I just don't see him leaving Denver.  Elway will give Manning the receivers he wants.

Denver will have the cap space to offer him a good contract.  If they cut Champ they have 10 million of cap space opened up, which should be more then enough to pay Decker.

Can they afford Decker long term though? J Thomas, D Thomas and Von Miller have contracts coming up I think.

Can they afford Decker long term though? J Thomas, D Thomas and Von Miller have contracts coming up I think.

With the cap increasing in 2015, I think they can.  Plus they have about 9 million in dead money right now that goes away at the end of this season, with Elvis Dumerville claiming about half that.

Also I wouldn't put anything past Elway.  Looking over the list of Bronco's contracts I'm actually quite surprised at some of the terms they have gotten.  

For example Ryan Clady managed to get himself a big contract extension recently.  But lost in the size of his contract extension is just how little Clady got in guaranteed money past 2013.  Not saying they want to cut Clady but he could easily be cut next year and save 6 million in cap space.

This seems to be true throughout their entire roster with few exceptions.  

They can cut Tamme and open up 3 million in space next year.  With J Thomas they don't really need him anymore as his main value was acting as a ringer who knew the Manning offense.  

With the cap increasing and the type of contract's Elway is negotiating, I would not put it past them to swing getting Decker, D Thomas, J Thomas and Von Miller to return and play at least until Manning is done in Denver.