Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Top 100 Players of 2013

supremecoltsfan300

And everybody knew Aaron Rodgers was going to pass with the packers dog meat running attack.

He deserves consideration too....he'd probably be my #2 vote....but based on last season I'd still vote for Peterson. Having the ACL recovery, a shaky QB and a rookie LT blocking for him made those accomplishments pretty special.

Now if you ask me who I'd build a team around?

It would be Rodgers without hesitation.

Who would you take to start a team...Aaron Rodgers or AP?

Def Rodgers

But with that argument, the next 5 or so picks would then be in some order of Ryan, Stafford, Luck, Griffin, Newton etc.

This is where the list gets confusing. Is it based on value? Last year? Future? All 3?

Def RodgersBut with that argument, the next 5 or so picks would then be in some order of Ryan, Stafford, Luck, Griffin, Newton etc.This is where the list gets confusing. Is it based on value? Last year? Future? All 3?

I think people are just looking for ways not to put quarterbacks at the top. Rodgers, Brady, Manning, Ryan, Brees, Roethlisberger, Eli are all ahead of AP. But I don't value running backs much.

I think people are just looking for ways not to put quarterbacks at the top. Rodgers, Brady, Manning, Ryan, Brees, Roethlisberger, Eli are all ahead of AP. But I don't value running backs much.

Neither do I....I highly value rushing attacks but rarely a singular RB.

My vote isn't to take any credit away from those QBs....it just recognizes that AP played his position to an exceptional level.  

Bell cow RBs are a thing of the past as it is and QBs play a far more important role, but whoever is in there at RB is still expected to do his job. Peterson's play went far beyond expectations....even for HIS talent level. Again, if they want to ask what player I'd build a team around....then I'd say Aaron Rodgers.

It's a hair-splitter to pick a #1 overall guy....but they asked who was the best player in 2013....so I just can't dismiss what he did and under the conditions he did it last season. I don' think there's a bad answer among the top 4-5 guys though.