Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

dolphins spending spree continues

CR91

I agree its time for the patriots run on the AFC to be over good post who agrees the Steelers are likely done winning SB games for at least another year or two thoughts?.

I don't think their run is just going to "stop" but I would not be surprised if they did not make the AFC Championship Game this season. They are still widely regarded as the top team in the AFC (especially after the defending champion's offseason lol) As far as the Steelers...I don't see them winning another Super Bowl for quite some time. That train has definitely run it's course.

that's for sure but I also don't have a clue what the ravens are thinking they just let go almost all of their talented players right there also paying their QB that much money I hate to say it but that's not smart to do when he is not the whole reason you won the super bowl and I am going to circle back to the part where they just let probably the best DB in the NFL go to the Texans why I understand he was getting old but he was still making an plays thoughts?. 

Go sorry

that's for sure but I also don't have a clue what the ravens are thinking they just let go almost all of their talented players right there also paying their QB that much money I hate to say it but that's not smart to do when he is not the whole reason you won the super bowl and I am going to circle back to the part where they just let probably the best DB in the NFL go to the Texans why I understand he was getting old but he was still making an plays thoughts?. 

Well they did lose it in 2008.

Yes it is, but it's coming.

Dolphins, Bills, or Jets who's it gonna be lol....if it's anyone I would bet Dolphins. I still think that the Patriots will win the East but their biggest competition would be the Dolphins and while they're on the way they're still not there yet. I wouldn't be surprised to see the Dolphins in the playoffs next season though, as a wild card, anyway.

I'm calling it. Patriots do not win the East.

Pats have had a better off-season compared to the Fins. And they were only one half away from the SB last year. No one in the East challenges them this year. They will win it by 3 games or more and have it sewn up by early Dec.

I do like what the Fins are doing however. They are looking like a strong candidate for the 5 seed.

They will be overrated once again, but they don't have much competition in that division

How have they been overrated? At season start last year they were picked to win the AFC champ. By mid-season, everyone had Denver. They missed doing exactly what everyone said they would by one half of football. The year before they were in the SB. Betting the Pats to represent the AFC in the SB is about the surest bet there is in the NFL.

Dolphins, Bills, or Jets who's it gonna be lol....if it's anyone I would bet Dolphins. I still think that the Patriots will win the East but their biggest competition would be the Dolphins and while they're on the way they're still not there yet. I wouldn't be surprised to see the Dolphins in the playoffs next season though, as a wild card, anyway.

It'll be the Dolphins.

Everyone is underestimating Tan Marino. He will improve a lot I think. He hasn't even been a QB that long, and he does his job.

I don't see why they didn't keep Reggie Bush though. Do they have another back?

Pats have had a better off-season compared to the Fins. And they were only one half away from the SB last year. No one in the East challenges them this year. They will win it by 3 games or more and have it sewn up by early Dec.

I do like what the Fins are doing however. They are looking like a strong candidate for the 5 seed.

I haven't seen anything other than Talib losing Welker. So maybe they did. I just think the Dolphins have a shot.

It'll be the Dolphins.

Everyone is underestimating Tan Marino. He will improve a lot I think. He hasn't even been a QB that long, and he does his job.

I don't see why they didn't keep Reggie Bush though. Do they have another back?

lmao at Tan Marino. I know that they have Daniel Thomas, he was good in college but I'm not sure about his production in the pros.

How have they been overrated? At season start last year they were picked to win the AFC champ. By mid-season, everyone had Denver. They missed doing exactly what everyone said they would by one half of football. The year before they were in the SB. Betting the Pats to represent the AFC in the SB is about the surest bet there is in the NFL.

Because I listened to ESPN radio and everybody was talking about how the pats would go undefeated last year....which was totally hilarious.

And they have advanced the last two years in the playoffs due to a favorable draw...Tim tebow and a slumping texans team....and pure luck; lee Evans dropping a TD that would have ended the game.

And frankly, they just dont beat good teams. The Pats beat up on the bills, dolphins,etc...and everybody's goes crazy. But what I see is a team that folds late in close games.

Because I listened to ESPN radio and everybody was talking about how the pats would go undefeated last year....which was totally hilarious.

And they have advanced the last two years in the playoffs due to a favorable draw...Tim tebow and a slumping texans team....and pure luck; lee Evans dropping a TD that would have ended the game.

And frankly, they just dont beat good teams. The Pats beat up on the bills, dolphins,etc...and everybody's goes crazy. But what I see is a team that folds late in close games.

Lol. Undefeated. Just a bit unrealistic, no. I can assure you no one in NE thought they would go undefeated as only one team in the history of football has ever done it with the 16 game schedule and it was the Pats. They were picked to win the AFC and like I said they were one half away and ran into the buzz saw that were the Ravens.

I love your favorable draw. lol. You play who you play. And they didn't just beat the Broncos and Texans - they destroyed them. Lee Evans didn't drop the ball, he was stripped by one of the best defensive plays you will ever see in a playoff game. And in terms of Cundiff, those are the breaks when you don't get into the end zone - and the FG would have only tied the game. And also don't forget that Brady led the go ahead drive without Gronk on the field as Pollard had taken him out and Brady himself scored the go ahead TD on 4th and goal from the one.

The Pats beat the Broncos, Texans (twice), Colts last year - all were playoff teams. So I don't understand your comment that they don't beat good teams. It seems that no matter who the Pats beat credit is taken away because all of a sudden the team they beat stinks because the Pats blow them out. I mean the Texans were 10-1 when they came into Gillette and the Pats were 9-3 and they killed them. Sorry Quizboy. No offense here to you. Just stating the facts.

I haven't seen anything other than Talib losing Welker. So maybe they did. I just think the Dolphins have a shot.

Let me educate you. They replaced Welker with Amendola who is younger and a better slot receiver assuming he stays healthy. They also signed Leon Washington to bolster their return game. The resigning of Talib was their most impressive signing as they got him on a one year, 5mil deal. He is by the far the best corner they have had in years. They also signed Adrian Wilson, the hard hitting satefy from Arizona which should help their situational defense which was lacking last year. In addition, they resigned Vollmer a key Oline for them on basically an incentive laden deal so they will only really pay if he produces. Again, another quality re-signing. They also just added a 6'4 receiver from the Vikes - Jenkins who will be their X receiver. He caught 40 balls last year with Ponder throwing it to him so have to think Brady will get even more out of him. He will also be a great threat in the red zone with his size.

So, the Pats have already had a great off-season and still may sign a vet pass rusher (Abraham or Freeney) and Emanuel Sanders from the Steelers, while the Fins have added players at huge contracts. But as I said before, I like most of the moves the Fins have made even if they have overpayed for some players. They have to do something to try to get the wild card that barely alluded them last year. I like Tannenhill a lot too.

Lol. Undefeated. Just a bit unrealistic, no. I can assure you no one in NE thought they would go undefeated as only one team in the history of football has ever done it with the 16 game schedule and it was the Pats. 

No they didn't. 18-1. Thanks for the education, but Idc what the Pats did. We don't play them this season.

No they didn't. 18-1. Thanks for the education, but Idc what the Pats did. We don't play them this season.

Really, I didn't know that. lol. I was talking about the regular season obviously...geesh

You said you were not aware of anything other than Welker and Talib so I was just responding.

I wasn't responding to you.

Really, I didn't know that. lol. I was talking about the regular season obviously...geesh

I know that wasn't to me I can read. I was just address your false information. It doesn't matter they went 16-0. That isn't the whole season. So no they didn't go undefeated.

And yes. We don't play thus season. Only the second time in 30+ years.

I didn't hear anything about the Patriots supposedly having an undefeated season this year either. Everyone knew that they would be good (yes they were good, they actually beat playoff teams) but no one really expected another perfect season.

I know that wasn't to me I can read. I was just address your false information. It doesn't matter they went 16-0. That isn't the whole season. So no they didn't go undefeated.

And yes. We don't play thus season. Only the second time in 30+ years.

I know you were but I would have thought you could have extended me some grace and assumed that I meant the regular season. I mean who on earth does not know they lost the SB in 08? :)

I am bummed we do not play the Colts in the reg. season but there is always the playoffs. I mean it just has to happen, doesn't it? Murphy's Law. :)

I didn't hear anything about the Patriots supposedly having an undefeated season this year either. Everyone knew that they would be good (yes they were good, they actually beat playoff teams) but no one really expected another perfect season.

It's those chuckle heads I guess at ESPN. I had not heard that either. I am sure it was said tongue and cheek.

I know you were but I would have thought you could have extended me some grace in assumed that I meant the regular season. I mean who on earth does not know they lost the SB in 08? :)

I am bummed we do not play the Colts in the reg. season but there is always the playoffs. I mean it just has to happen, doesn't it? Murphy's Law. :)

What can go wrong will go wrong? I think you got the wrong law man lol

I know you were but I would have thought you could have extended me some grace and assumed that I meant the regular season. I mean who on earth does not know they lost the SB in 08? :)

Well I don't think the '07 Patriots deserve the "undefeated" title whether it was regular season or not.

Well the last time we didn't play, in 2002, we didn't make the playoffs.

Well I don't think the '07 Patriots deserve the "undefeated" title whether it was regular season or not.

Well the last time we didn't play, in 2002, we didn't make the playoffs.

"Undefeated regular season"  yes, true and deserved.

2002 - was that the last year of Mora and "playoffs! You talking playoffs! I just want to win a game."