Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Calling it now

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What another slot receiver ? Really we have 2 already

Actually, with Hilton, Brazill, Palmer, Sambrano, and Whalen, you could say we already have 5. Austin would be a waste of a 1st rd. pick IMO.

Tavon Austin is a lot more than a lot slot receiver. 

Who cares, he's the size of a water bug and we have too many guys like that already. We need size if we go WR.

Actually, with Hilton, Brazill, Palmer, Sambrano, and Whalen, you could say we already have 5. Austin would be a waste of a 1st rd. pick IMO.

Who cares, he's the size of a water bug and we have too many guys like that already. We need size if we go WR.

You grossly generalize a slot receiver. That term has been terribly misused lately. We have 2 big pass catching tight ends. Austin is a matchup nightmare anywhere you put him. He can return punts/ catch and run out of the backfield/ be a deep threat. Hilton can play outside receiver.

You grossly generalize a slot receiver. That term has been terribly misused lately. We have 2 big pass catching tight ends. Austin is a matchup nightmare anywhere you put him. He can return punts/ catch and run out of the backfield/ be a deep threat. Hilton can play outside receiver.

I agree Hilton can play outside. We do not need another small, speedy WR. We have too many the way it is. We have guys that can easily stretch the field. A bigger receiver that is able to run over down the sidelines and be able to go up and catch the ball over the defender is what we need if we add another WR. We currently have no receiver's on the roster that realistically can do that. I'm not talking about the TE's either. I have said all offseason that I am fine with the receiver's we have now, but the franchise seems dead set on bringing in another one. If they do decide to get one, then it needs to be a true outside receiver and not another tiny guy. Austin maybe dynamic but we have Hilton for that. 

I agree Hilton can play outside. We do not need another small, speedy WR. We have too many the way it is. We have guys that can easily stretch the field. A bigger receiver that is able to run over down the sidelines and be able to go up and catch the ball over the defender is what we need if we add another WR. We currently have no receiver's on the roster that realistically can do that. I'm not talking about the TE's either. I have said all offseason that I am fine with the receiver's we have now, but the franchise seems dead set on bringing in another one. If they do decide to get one, then it needs to be a true outside receiver and not another tiny guy. Austin maybe dynamic but we have Hilton for that. 

Austin is on an entirely different level than Hilton. Lets not forget Percy Harvin was a leading MVP candidate last year before he got year which is what I think Austin is capable of doing. I'm on board for drafting a receiver in round 4 where I see us getting better value in getting a guy like Da'Rick Rodgers, Ryan Swope, Cobi Hamilton, or Kenny Stills.

Austin is on an entirely different level than Hilton. Lets not forget Percy Harvin was a leading MVP candidate last year before he got year which is what I think Austin is capable of doing. I'm on board for drafting a receiver in round 4 where I see us getting better value in getting a guy like Da'Rick Rodgers, Ryan Swope, Cobi Hamilton, or Kenny Stills.

I agree with all those except Swope. He's had 4 concussions in college and we don't need to bring in another concussion prone receiver. I'm not so sure that Austin is all that much better than Hilton. Austin is so tiny that he's an injury waiting to happen. I'll agree to disagree though about him. I don't think we'd draft him even if we were able to IMO.

You do understand that Hiltons numbers where better then Harvins on there rookie years, right ?

Edit. In fact Hiltons rookie year was better then 3 of 4 Harvins years. Your right maybe Hilton is on a different level

You do understand that Hiltons numbers where better then Harvins on there rookie years, right ?

Edit. In fact Hiltons rookie year was better then 3 of 4 Harvins years. Your right maybe Hilton is on a different level

Let me know when Hilton is on an MVP pace. Hilton 29 yards rushing Harvin had 345 last year along with being a great return man. Hilton has not had a better year than Harvin at any point in his career. 

Let me know when Hilton is on an MVP pace. Hilton 29 yards rushing Harvin had 345 last year along with being a great return man. Hilton has not had a better year than Harvin at any point in his career. 

Hilton 2012: 76 touches, 870 YFS, 7TDs 11.4 yards per touch ---------26 PR 300 Yards 1 TD 

Harvin 2009: 75 touches, 825 YFS, 6 TDs 11 yards per touch -----------42 KR 1156 YARDS 2TDs

Harvin average .8 yards more then Hilton in 2011. Hilton only got 7 returns. Harvin is used more in the offense he was in. Receiving number hilton had more TD and 5 more yards on his average. 

Hilton 2012: 76 touches, 870 YFS, 7TDs 11.4 yards per touch ---------26 PR 300 Yards 1 TD 

Harvin 2009: 75 touches, 825 YFS, 6 TDs 11 yards per touch -----------42 KR 1156 YARDS 2TDs

And remember in 2009 the Kickoff rules where different. Now there are less Kickoffs taken out

And where do you get the Harvin was in on the MVP race. He was no where close to it imo. Hes more hype then anything.

He actually had 925 yards from scrimmage his rookie year. 

And where do you get the Harvin was in on the MVP race. He was no where close to it imo. Hes more hype then anything.

He was carrying that Minnesota team before he got hurt and AD took over. 

http://nfl.si.com/2012/10/25/percy-harvin-for-mvp-vikings-playmaker-has-a-case/

That is just one article going over the case for Harvin. He was making plays his yards after contact was ridiculous. 

He actually had 925 yards from scrimmage his rookie year. 

He was carrying that Minnesota team before he got hurt and AD took over. 

http://nfl.si.com/2012/10/25/percy-harvin-for-mvp-vikings-playmaker-has-a-case/

That is just one article going over the case for Harvin. He was making plays his yards after contact was ridiculous. 

Yep you're correct, my math was off. Still not a huge discrepency in production though. Hilton is the better pure receiver IMO. He runs better routes and gets better seperation, is defintely a better deep threat than Harvin. He takes the top off of the defense, something Harvin cannot do. Harvin makes his name off of bubble screens.

Hilton has a ton of potential if he can fix the drop problem, but no way do we need another under 6' receiver. I'd take the next Reggie Wayne over the next Percy Harvin.