Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Forgive my ignorance...(Toler)

UKColt13

I'm not going to guarantee that whoever came up with that 25 mil.$ number was correct, but I do think we must be back loading the contracts. If we add Francois today and maybe another guard at some point, then I'm going to be ecstatic with our offseason. It also won't surprise me to see some guy's released once get through all these signings and the draft. That could potentially free up more money later.

I would also like a DE and another G, the only other signings I could see was a veteran WR (not Jennings) or a backup OT. No matter what more happens I feel they have really set the team up nice before the draft with plugging a lot of holes. Now they can go BPA in the draft and use it to get better overall talent

From what I have heard, he is more of the type of cornerback that our defense needs - such as being good in man coverage? "QBs completed a league-worst 41.5 percent of their passes when targeting a receiver covered by Toler (17-of-41). For comparison purposes, QBs had passer ratings of 105.0 versus departing corner Jerraud Powers, 97.0 versus Cassius Vaughn and 93.5 versus Vontae Davis " from above link.

I feel like this statistic is falling on deaf ears in some peoples' case. The guy gave up the league low 41.5 completion percentage against. He has been very underrated the last few years, and he is so much better than Powers I don't even understand how people are comparing the two.

In the NFL, they say that the right system can turn a no-name into a pro-bowler, I feel this is the case.  I think with Pagano's exotic blitzes and man coverage, Toler is going to be able to focus on what he excels at.  I guess we didn't go after a known CB because we feel Davis is good enough to be a #1 CB, which is true.  We basically filled out our CB's and we can still draft someone like Rhodes in the draft.