Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Take chance in 1st on Ansah from BYU?

Alright I have a question for you regarding Flacco and him living up to his draft status, Take Flacco's best year of 25 td's and 10 picks and ask yourself is this what I expected out of my 1st round pick? to throw for 25 td's (with the rule changes being what they are making the NFL a more QB and wr friendly league) in his 5th year in the league? Heck Russel Wilson has done that already and less picks to with arguably the same type of talent at his disposal, Hey no knock on Flacco he has played well but if his defense was average or heaven forbid what ours has been for the better part of the Manning years then I feel very comfortable saying Flacco would not have sniffed the playoff success he has had, In my opinion with the talent he has around him he should have thrown much much closer to 30-35 TD's in 1 season by now at least, He has stepped it up a notch in the playoffs no question (the whole reason the word elite was brought up with him to begin with because it certainly wasn't because of hid regular season production) Once again take nothing away from Flacco but he had or has one heck of a defense and running back to help

How about these numbers....

23 TD passes;  18 interceptions.      Look familiar?

Andrew Luck.

Don't get too wrapped up in numbers when the most important numbers are winning percentage.   And the guy wins.

What can I tell you......

To be clear,  I don't see him as a top-6 QB...   but I see him as top-10...    I think he's earned that....

How about these numbers....

23 TD passes;  18 interceptions.      Look familiar?

Andrew Luck.

Don't get too wrapped up in numbers when the most important numbers are winning percentage.   And the guy wins.

What can I tell you......

To be clear,  I don't see him as a top-6 QB...   but I see him as top-10...    I think he's earned that....

Oh I believe he is top 10 material but I think elite was thrown out a little fast after the Ravens won the SB, I mean yes he did have excellent numbers but I want to see him do it over the course of a whole season, Lets say 30 td's and 10 or fewer picks but Im not sure what Luck has to do with anything, right now he is good but far from elite, plus Flacco is a veteran, To be elite in my eyes you have to show consistency with numbers over the course of several seasons, winning is a team accomplishment although he lead the way

• 3 weeks later...

Gavin,

You seem to get way caught up in numbers...  Sometimes I wonder if you even watch the actual football games or just read stats on websites

At the end of the day I want my 1st round pick to have the production to warrant a 1st round pick, hey if he turns out to be a great player Ill eat crow, I have no problem with that. Thats much better then drafting him and him bustin out on my team or sittin and waitin to see when or if he is going to live up to his 1st round status. as of right now he is a project with a high motor, I dont draft those in the 1st round, late 2nd if we had one...maybe. I believe if I took Okafor and you took Ansah in a guess to see who had the most sacks any given season I'd win 7 out of 10 times