Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Denvers Mcoy giving multiple HC interviews this weekend, not game planning , but is a weekend off ,goal is HC, top priority is preparing the Broncos

bayone

But league rules teams can interview McCoy locally because the Broncos have a playoff bye.

The Cardinals are scheduled to interview McCoy on Saturday, with the Bears on the docket Sunday and the Bills having been granted permission to interview McCoy andwere trying to get on the schedule as well, with team officials expected to sit down with McCoy on Saturday.

"I'm going to keep that to myself," McCoy said, when asked how many interviews he could fit into one weekend. "I've got a few set up this weekend.

McCoy also said, while his goal is to be a head coach

he will make it clear his top priority is preparing the Broncos offense to play in the Divisional round a week from Saturday. That he may not be able to answer every question teams pose to him this weekend.

Read more:Mike McCoy ready to talk to Bears, Bills, Cardinals; focus in Denver - The Denver Posthttp://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_22305115/mike-mccoy-ready-talk-bears-bills-cardinals-focus#ixzz2GwnbmQ89

Mike McCoy is still scheduled to have these 4 HC interviews / meetings this weekend   

Satrday with the Bills and Cardinals .

Bears and Eagles are set for Sunday.

The Bills and Eagles are scheduled to meet with Oregon coach Chip Kelly in Arizona this weekend. .

Read more:Denver Broncos offensive tackle Ryan Clady expected to be ready for playoff opener - The Denver Posthttp://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_22314656/broncos-ryan-clady-expected-be-ready-playoff-opener#ixzz2H6Rts8i6

Whether he is with the team or not really doesn't matter since Manning will do his job as the actual offensive coordinator.

Yeah, for this reason, I'm not worried about McCoy leaving.

Tom Moore to replace him? I know he's old but he is only needed a few years. In any case, Peyton will be consulted.

Mike McCoy is still scheduled to have these 4 HC interviews / meetings this weekend   

Satrday with the Bills and Cardinals .

Bears and Eagles are set for Sunday.

The Bills and Eagles are scheduled to meet with Oregon coach Chip Kelly in Arizona this weekend. .

I feel Chicago by far is the best job, but there is Cutler/Marshall thing that happened in Denver and McCoy was there to experience it all. If he's offered a job there, it will be interesting to see if he takes it.

Yeah, for this reason, I'm not worried about McCoy leaving.

Tom Moore to replace him? I know he's old but he is only needed a few years. In any case, Peyton will be consulted.

I feel Chicago by far is the best job, but there is Cutler/Marshall thing that happened in Denver and McCoy was there to experience it all. If he's offered a job there, it will be interesting to see if he takes it.

Yes,  rather keep Mcoy, He Know The Players & their abilities, another year with the groupo to develop would be good

but Peyton Better be in that interview and give seal of approval & have a long discussion on what e he expects out of an OC

Imagine u hire an OC but he must first pass inspection & requirements of The QB

Yes,  rather keep Mcoy, He Know The Players & their abilities, another year with the groupo to develop would be good

but Peyton Better be in that interview and give seal of approval & have a long discussion on what e he expects out of an OC

Imagine u hire an OC but he must first pass inspection & requirements of The QB

Hey, Elway has some experience in that (remember, Dan Reeves vs Mike Shannahan/Elway?) :) So he'll do the right thing by Peyton, I'm sure.

Hey, Elway has some experience in that (remember, Dan Reeves vs Mike Shannahan/Elway?) :) So he'll do the right thing by Peyton, I'm sure.

Sure they will try their best

I only have a periphery of knowledge of going ons of Broncos , how shall i say  Shannahangans, from earlier years than this

Sure they will try their best

I only have a periphery of knowledge of going ons of Broncos , how shall i say  Shannahangans, from earlier years than this

Here is a concise version:

http://www.realclearsports.com/lists/coach_killers/john_elway_dan_reeves.html

Basically, Shanahan was Reeves's assistant and he fired Shanahan for "conspiring against" him with Elway, Elway got Dan Reeves fired (I would say he deserved it) and Shanahan hired a few years later. Though Elway and Shanahan famously don't get along, either.

Basically, Shanahan was Reeves's assistant and he fired Shanahan for "conspiring against" him with Elway, Elway got Dan Reeves fired (I would say he deserved it) and Shanahan hired a few years later. Though Elway and Shanahan famously don't get along, either.

the plot thickens

He is interviewing today for the available head coaching jobs with the Buffalo Bills and Arizona Cardinals.

On Sunday, McCoy will interview with the Chicago Bears and Philadelphia Eagles for their top coaching jobs.

The guy is going to be mentally wiped come Sunday night.  

(((  NEED HIM FRESH FOR MONDAY WORK, I  always thought this a bad idea  ))) 

((  Pats OC Refused interviews I had heard )))

Should McCoy get a head coaching job, don’t expect many, if any, of the Broncos’ assistant coaches to go with him.

Last year, Broncos defensive coordinator Dennis Allen got the head coaching job in Oakland and wanted to bring Broncos linebackers coach Richard Smith with him to be his defensive coordinator.

The Broncos denied the request. So there’s the precedence.

http://blogs.denverpost.com/broncos/2013/01/05/mccoy-leaves-expect-bronco-assistants-follow/17960/