Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

A Positive In All The Negative.

Exodus

Okay, after a long day of negative, I figured i would find a positive to speak of. Im talking about our LT Mr. Anthony Castonzo. Turns out, the Colts hit a home run with him. Tyron Smith, Dallas's OT, is injured, out 2-4 weeks. Nate Solder, the Pats OT, I've heard is just under preforming. Many of my Patriots' fan friends say that the Pat were dumb for picking him over Castonzo and how Castonzo will be a force in this league for a long time. I haven't really heard or seen anything about Sherrod, Carimi, or Carpenter, but that's fine. All im saying is that the OT's picked before Castonzo just aren't where he is at this moment in time.

Just a little positive note i thought everyone might like.

I think Colts fans are going to look back on this year as a disapointing year that is going to set us up for the rest of Manning's career. I remember watching Harbaugh take the pounding behind Glenn and Meadows when they were learning as rookies (the last time we took tackles in the first two rounds) and it paid off for Manning but they had to learn just as the guys we have now are going to have to learn. Add to that Reitz who I think could turn out to be a really good guard in this league again after he learns things he's only going to learn from playing. If we do struggle this year like some feel we will we are probably going to have a really high draft pick that is going to turn into a player who could be our next star WR or a big time corner or maybe even a big DT. I would bet more on the WR with Wayne, Garcon, and Gonzo all free agents at year's end. There is also a chance we could take a QB but to me that doesn't make sense if you have other needs unless you think you have the next Peyton Manning looking you in the face which Andrew Luck might be but I don't think we are going to have the first pick to get him.

That's getting a head of ourselves some though. Kerry Collins has proven to be a very good QB in this league and he has never had the passing weapons he's going to have here. Yes I know when he was very good with the Titans he had Chris Johnson but he didn't have anything close to what we have in the passing game there and he still put up good numbers. Frankly Collins has never had anything close to the talent he's going to have here in his other stops and if you look at Collins numbers other than Manning he is the leader in every major passing stat other than TDs by active QBs in the NFL. Some of that is a product of how long he's been around but some of it is also a product of him being a good QB. He could very well throw the ball around in our offense. No he's not going to be Peyton Manning but he's not going to be Curtis Painter either.

Just time to see what happens and frankly as hard as this year could be it might very well end up paying off for us in the long run.